Selena Gomez’s new film “Getaway” has been the worst reviewed film of 2013.
Ethan Hawke plays a former race car driver who is made to get behind the wheel and follow orders from a mysterious voice in order to save his kidnapped wife.
Along the way he picks up a passenger, played by Gomez, who helps him in his race against time. The film was shot in two parts, in the Bulgarian capital Sofia and in Atlanta, Georgia.
“It was fun. It was tedious. There were moments where we would have to get out of the car and do something just to get water, talk to other people,” said Gomez.
“It was a little bit like, you know, driving 12 hours a day for a month. You get sick of being in a car.” (pause) “But we had some fun. It was all night long and the streets of eastern Europe are pretty empty,” said Hawke.
“Getaway” opened late August in Australia and in the United States and has so far been universally slammed by film critics.
The nail-biting tension throughout the film, they say, doesn’t come from the plot but from the rhetorical question viewers will be asking: “Is this the worst film I’ve seen this year?”
But all is not lost – “Getaway” is a leading contender in the Worst Movie category for the upcoming Razzie Awards.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia | euronews, world news
- 3Le Pen: I admire ‘cool head’ Putin’s resistance to West’s new Cold War | euronews, interview
- 4What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 5McCain blasts Europe’s approach to Ukraine conflict ‘a joke’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 6Which countries in Europe cause the most air pollution damage? | euronews, world news
- 7Moldova pro-EU parties take narrow lead in elections | euronews, world news
- 8Grenoble: Europe’s first ad-free city | euronews, world news
- 9NATO joins search for ‘Russian submarine’ off Scottish coast | euronews, world news
- 10European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 11Obama’s ‘risky’ immigration gamble | euronews, world news
- 12Ukraine reports accident at Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant | euronews, world news
- 13Crude awakening: Romania’s Black Sea oil and gas finds fuel Europe’s energy hopes | euronews, reporter
- 14Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania | euronews, world news
- 15The American Century comes to an end as China becomes the world’s largest economy | euronews, economy
- 16International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 17Belgium’s former queen Fabiola dies at 86 | euronews, world news
- 18Germans demand honour for Turkish woman beaten to death | euronews, world news
- 19Chechen ‘death’ unit fighting with rebels in eastern Ukraine | euronews, world news
- 20Portugal: Ex-PM José Socrates held in corruption probe | euronews, world news