Selena Gomez’s new film “Getaway” has been the worst reviewed film of 2013.
Ethan Hawke plays a former race car driver who is made to get behind the wheel and follow orders from a mysterious voice in order to save his kidnapped wife.
Along the way he picks up a passenger, played by Gomez, who helps him in his race against time. The film was shot in two parts, in the Bulgarian capital Sofia and in Atlanta, Georgia.
“It was fun. It was tedious. There were moments where we would have to get out of the car and do something just to get water, talk to other people,” said Gomez.
“It was a little bit like, you know, driving 12 hours a day for a month. You get sick of being in a car.” (pause) “But we had some fun. It was all night long and the streets of eastern Europe are pretty empty,” said Hawke.
“Getaway” opened late August in Australia and in the United States and has so far been universally slammed by film critics.
The nail-biting tension throughout the film, they say, doesn’t come from the plot but from the rhetorical question viewers will be asking: “Is this the worst film I’ve seen this year?”
But all is not lost – “Getaway” is a leading contender in the Worst Movie category for the upcoming Razzie Awards.
- 114-year old model reignites underage catwalk controversy
- 2Into the sea: Monaco rules the waves with ambitious land extension project
- 3Cirque du Soleil celebrates the strength of women in Amaluna
- 4150 years on, Alice in Wonderland inspires body art
- 5Russians “were offered an enemy” says Metro 2033 author Dmitry Glukhovsky
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 3Latest News Bulletin
- 4At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 5Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 6[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 7International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 8Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 9International news | euronews, latest international news
- 10Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 11Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 12Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 13Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 14Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 15Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 16Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 17Hungary’s army can shoot rubber bullets and tear gas at refugees
- 18Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 19Catalan president Artur Mas charged with organising illegal independence referendum
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections