Selena Gomez’s new film “Getaway” has been the worst reviewed film of 2013.
Ethan Hawke plays a former race car driver who is made to get behind the wheel and follow orders from a mysterious voice in order to save his kidnapped wife.
Along the way he picks up a passenger, played by Gomez, who helps him in his race against time. The film was shot in two parts, in the Bulgarian capital Sofia and in Atlanta, Georgia.
“It was fun. It was tedious. There were moments where we would have to get out of the car and do something just to get water, talk to other people,” said Gomez.
“It was a little bit like, you know, driving 12 hours a day for a month. You get sick of being in a car.” (pause) “But we had some fun. It was all night long and the streets of eastern Europe are pretty empty,” said Hawke.
“Getaway” opened late August in Australia and in the United States and has so far been universally slammed by film critics.
The nail-biting tension throughout the film, they say, doesn’t come from the plot but from the rhetorical question viewers will be asking: “Is this the worst film I’ve seen this year?”
But all is not lost – “Getaway” is a leading contender in the Worst Movie category for the upcoming Razzie Awards.
- 1Bitola: from macchiatos to mosaics
- 2‘Just extraordinary’ – Martha Argerich and the Lucerne Festival Orchestra pay homage to Claudio Abbado
- 3Billy Gibbons goes solo and David Bowie has a new single
- 4Sufragette – a film which reflects a milestone in British history
- 5Much more than a concert hall – insights from the Chairman of Philharmonie de Paris
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 31000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 4Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 7Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 8European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 9latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 11Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 12Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 13‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 14‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis
- 15International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 16Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 17Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 18Iraq: deadly car bombs kill more than 60 in Baghdad
- 19Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 20No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary