Selena Gomez’s new film “Getaway” has been the worst reviewed film of 2013.
Ethan Hawke plays a former race car driver who is made to get behind the wheel and follow orders from a mysterious voice in order to save his kidnapped wife.
Along the way he picks up a passenger, played by Gomez, who helps him in his race against time. The film was shot in two parts, in the Bulgarian capital Sofia and in Atlanta, Georgia.
“It was fun. It was tedious. There were moments where we would have to get out of the car and do something just to get water, talk to other people,” said Gomez.
“It was a little bit like, you know, driving 12 hours a day for a month. You get sick of being in a car.” (pause) “But we had some fun. It was all night long and the streets of eastern Europe are pretty empty,” said Hawke.
“Getaway” opened late August in Australia and in the United States and has so far been universally slammed by film critics.
The nail-biting tension throughout the film, they say, doesn’t come from the plot but from the rhetorical question viewers will be asking: “Is this the worst film I’ve seen this year?”
But all is not lost – “Getaway” is a leading contender in the Worst Movie category for the upcoming Razzie Awards.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 3Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 4Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 5British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 6Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 7Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 8European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 9International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 10How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 11Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 12Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 13Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 14Mike Tyson: ‘You learn humbleness when you get older in life’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 15International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 16US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 17US delivers technical aid to Ukraine but warns over security | euronews, world news
- 18euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 19Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
- 20All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news