23/09 08:02 CET
Sudanese President Omar Hassan al-Bashir has said he plans to attend this week’s United Nations General Assembly in New York.
Bashir who is wanted by the International Criminal Court, risks being arrested on genocide charges if he sets foot in the US.
Washington has led calls for Bashir to face international justice over bloodshed in the now decade-old conflict in Sudan’s
Sudan dismisses the ICC charges and claims reports of mass killings in Darfur have been exaggerated.
Washington has not said whether the African leader will be granted a visa.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 00:42 CET Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel
- 00:00 CET French, African troops try to halt Central African Republic…
- 23:19 CET Rising power India sees no US-style Gulf security role
- 22:50 CET Israeli patrol on Golan targeted by bomb from Syria – Israel
- 22:27 CET Gunmen attack liquor stores in Baghdad, killing nine
- 20:49 CET Iran presses ahead with uranium enrichment technology
- 20:37 CET Bashir announces Sudan vice president resignation – state media
- 20:23 CET Eight killed, 20 injured in Colombia bomb attack blamed on FARC