The death toll from an attack by terrorists on a Nairobi shopping mall on Saturday afternoon has reached 68.
Kenya’s Red Cross says another nine bodies had been brought out from the building.
At least another 175 people have been injured
Witnesses said the attackers were armed with AK-47 rifles and wore ammunition belts.
Kenyan security forces have surrounded the mall. Between 10 and 15 attackers, believed to be militants from the Somali al-Shabaab group, linked to al-Qaeda, are still inside. It’s believed they have hostages but it’s unclear how many.
Several hostages managed to escape to safety.
At least three Britons have been killed and Foreign Secretary, William Hague, said the number was likely to rise.
One French witness described what had happened to her friend: “I know another French woman who was shot in the leg and is still in hospital. She was operated on yesterday. I don’t have any news about her, I don’t know how she is. She has two children who are 8 and 5 years old, who were there and saw their mother being shot by terrorists. So we are all affected, we’ve never experienced anything like this before.”
Meanwhile Kenyans have been queuing for hours to donate blood for the injured, at three Red Cross centres in the capital city.
The need for blood is rising as the number of wounded grows.