Dramatic images taken from the air have revealed some of the worst flooding to hit Mexico in decades.
At least 80 people have died and thousands have lost their homes after days of torrential rain brought on by two tropical storms.
Landslides have claimed many of the victims – their homes buried beneath tons of mud.
With extensive damage to the country’s roads and bridges, many areas have been cut off.
In the Mexican beach resort of Acapulco, burst rivers brought with them alligators onto the city’s streets.
Police have also reported looting where everything from televisions to Halloween decorations have been taken.
Meteorologists have warned of more low pressure heading Mexico’s way which is likely to turn into another tropical cyclone, dumping yet more heavy rain.
Copyright © 2015 euronewsMore about:
- 1Mexico says 43 missing students were definitely murdered
- 2Russia is accused of ‘financing illegal armed groups’ – Council of Europe
- 3A very academic cabinet, Tsipras government sworn-in
- 4Ukrainian rebel attacks on city of Mariupol are condemned by the UN as a war crime
- 5Japan and Jordan join forces to secure release of two of their nationals from the hands of ISIL
- 1Ukrainian rebel attacks on city of Mariupol are condemned by the UN as a war crime
- 2Spain: NATO plane crash kills 11, injures 21
- 3Fidel Castro breaks silence on Cuba-US talks to resume relations
- 4[As it happened] Remembering the Holocaust at Auschwitz, 70 years on
- 5Ex-Russian spy Alexander Litvinenko ‘killed at third attempt’
- 1Greek elections: SYRIZA on course to win, but may fall short of majority
- 2German men ‘can use toilet while standing’, judge rules
- 3Captured Ukraine troops forced to face angry crowd after Donetsk bus stop shelling
- 4No word on Japanese hostages after ISIL deadline passes
- 5Thailand: Army urges respect for Yingluck Shinawatra impeachment
Wires > News
- 18:44 CET Greek PM Tsipras promises radical change, markets tumble
- 18:21 CET Egyptian poet goes on trial accused of contempt of Islam
- 17:00 CET Merkel to visit synagogue, discuss racism in Hungary
- 16:57 CET Amnesty calls for U.N. sanctions, war crimes probe in Libya
- 16:42 CET Two Israeli soldiers, U.N. peacekeeper killed in Israel-Hezbollah…
- 16:34 CET Snowden files show Canada spy agency runs global Internet watch -…
- 16:23 CET France unveils anti-jihad campaign with video and web site
- 16:12 CET Madagascar seeks international aid after tropical storm kills 68