Hundreds of thousands of people in Japan have been forced to evacuate their homes amid fears a massive typhoon could wreak havoc.
Typhoon Man-yi struck the mainland on Sunday, packing gusts of more than 160 kilometres per hour, and doubling the region’s annual rainfall.
At least two people have been found dead and more than 100 others hurt.
Although the typhoon has slowly been losing strength, it’s hit the Fukushima atomic power plant in the northeast, bringing heavy rain to surrounding areas.
Alert levels have now been raised amid concerns the storm could result in more contaminated water running out to sea.
Around 300 tonnes of mildly contaminated groundwater is entering the ocean every day having passed under the reactors.
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist
- 2Unverified video appears to show ISIL killing of 30 Ethiopian Christians
- 3US Navy deploys two more warships near Yemen as conflict escalates
- 4Ethiopia: Clashes at rally to mourn Christians killed by ISIL in Libya
- 5Spain arrests murder suspect on Britain’s most-wanted list
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 4Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 5The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 6Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 7French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 8International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 9Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 10Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 11Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 12ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 13International news | euronews, latest international news
- 14eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 15Indonesia executes five foreigners despite protest | euronews, world news
- 16French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 17Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 18International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 19Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 20[Live updates] France plane crash: damaged black box ‘can provide information’ | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 16:20 CET Israeli forces kill knife-wielding Palestinian youth – police
- 16:16 CET Burundi ruling party nominates president for third term, risking…
- 15:51 CET Moscow to investigate amid struggle over Chechen authority
- 15:40 CET Tribunal tells Ghana to stop oil work in Ivory Coast dispute
- 15:24 CET Insurgents seize Syrian strategic town of Jisr al-Shughour, army…
- 15:23 CET Thousands gather at dawn ceremony to mark Gallipoli centenary
- 15:17 CET Three Islamic State car bombs hit Iraq-Jordan border crossing…
- 15:04 CET French convict not in next round of Indonesia executions – embassy…