In Afghanistan, at least three people have been killed and several wounded in a suicide attack targeting a convoy of NATO and Afghan troops in the southern city of Kandahar.
The Afghan army reports that the bomber detonated a car loaded with explosives near the military vehicles.
A local shopkeeper described a huge explosion as the convoy was passing.“There were women and children around but I don’t know what happened to them. With all the smoke and dust, I couldn’t see,” he said.
Local media reported that the Taliban had taken responsibility for the blast.
- 1Greek Prime Minister Tsipras confirms referendum, calls for Greeks to reject creditors’ proposal
- 2Time runs out: Greece misses 1.6 billion-euro IMF repayment
- 3Crowdfunded site for Greek debt nears €1,500,000 in contributions
- 4Greece’s eurozone future in balance as bailout expires
- 5Ukraine stops buying Russian gas over price row
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 10Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 13NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 15Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
Wires > News
- 00:02 CET Egyptian army kills 35 militants in North Sinai -sources
- 23:22 CET Malaysia tells U.N. Security Council of push for MH17 tribunal
- 23:18 CET No sweat? Colombia turns to lie detectors to tackle government…
- 22:51 CET Suspected Boko Haram gunmen kill ‘many’ in Nigeria attack
- 22:28 CET Four allies quit Tsipras’ coalition over bailout referendum
- 22:01 CET U.N. says Burundi election was not free, fair or credible
- 20:31 CET Syria rejects U.N. criticism of barrel bombs, says ‘technical‘…
- 20:21 CET Pope’s South American trip – defending the poor and the planet