14/09/13 18:26 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
In Afghanistan, at least three people have been killed and several wounded in a suicide attack targeting a convoy of NATO and Afghan troops in the southern city of Kandahar.
The Afghan army reports that the bomber detonated a car loaded with explosives near the military vehicles.
A local shopkeeper described a huge explosion as the convoy was passing.“There were women and children around but I don’t know what happened to them. With all the smoke and dust, I couldn’t see,” he said.
Local media reported that the Taliban had taken responsibility for the blast.
Wires > News
- 22:04 CET Turkey warns of rising European xenophobia after Brexit vote
- 21:48 CET After Brexit, what? U.S. secessionists hankering for ‘Texit’
- 21:37 CET Venezuela dialogue could open way for international help – …
- 21:36 CET U.S. strikes Afghan Taliban targets, in debut of broader role
- 21:28 CET Hezbollah to send more fighters to Syria’s Aleppo
- 20:24 CET For Donald Trump, going on about golf is par for the course
- 20:21 CET France says new Europe needed after Brexit ‘explosive shock’
- 20:18 CET Pope on visit to Armenia cites ‘genocide’, likely to anger Turkey