14/09/13 18:26 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
In Afghanistan, at least three people have been killed and several wounded in a suicide attack targeting a convoy of NATO and Afghan troops in the southern city of Kandahar.
The Afghan army reports that the bomber detonated a car loaded with explosives near the military vehicles.
A local shopkeeper described a huge explosion as the convoy was passing.“There were women and children around but I don’t know what happened to them. With all the smoke and dust, I couldn’t see,” he said.
Local media reported that the Taliban had taken responsibility for the blast.
Wires > News
- 12:41 CET Nineteen people rescued from English Channel – coastguard
- 12:39 CET Germans would not want soccer star Boateng as neighbour…
- 12:37 CET Nigerian president says government ‘resolved’ to keep naira steady
- 12:28 CET Forces backed by Libya’s unity govt seek to encircle Islamic…
- 12:27 CET Polish minister says missile shield no threat to Russia – report
- 11:37 CET U.S.-led coalition troops assisting Kurds in new offensive -…
- 11:10 CET Seventeen killed in care home fire in Ukraine
- 11:09 CET French PM says he will not bow to labour reform protestors