France intends to present a draft resolution before the United Nations Security Council setting Syria a 15-day ultimatum to declare its chemical weapons programme.
Failure to comply would result in possible punitive measures.
As Syria’s former colonial power, France has been leading the tough talking on the chemical weapons issue. Its government says it is keen to act quickly in response to the Russian
initiative, suspicious the move could be a delaying tactic.
The draft also makes clear the Security Council should consider the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad as responsible for the gas attack on August 21 that according to the
US killed over 1400 men woman and children.
Russia is expected to object to the resolution.
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 11Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 12International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 13Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 14Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 15EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 17Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 18eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 19How young translators are helping knit European culture together | euronews, generation y
- 20We will not be moved! China’s urban spread resistance [PHOTOS]
Wires > News
- 15:13 CET Syria says Islamic State executes hundreds in Palmyra
- 14:09 CET Nepal landslide blocks river, raises fears of flood reaching India
- 13:24 CET Saudi forces and Yemen’s Houthis trade heavy fire, border crossing…
- 13:22 CET Greece does not have the money to make June IMF repayment -…
- 13:16 CET Mass graves of suspected trafficking victims found in Malaysia
- 11:42 CET Insight – Unable to halt Europe-bound migrants, Tripoli demands…
- 11:06 CET One killed in rebel shelling of east Ukraine town, coke plant…
- 10:24 CET One Ukrainian civilian killed, two wounded in Avdiyivka shelling -…