Protesters have taken to the streets of Istanbul on Tuesday after a death of a demonstrator in the southern city of Antakya.
Turkish police used water cannon and fired rounds of teargas into the busy city centre to disperse the crowd.
At least 40 people have been detained.
An under 21s football match between Turkey and Sweden was temporarily suspended because tear gas wafted into the stadium.
In Antakya, the funeral of 22 year old protester Ahmet Atakan took place. He died at a demonstration against police handling of nationwide anti-government protests this summer.
The authorities have been blamed for his death, however they have denied all responsibility.
Tensions were high in the city on Tuesday with clashes breaking out between demonstrators and police.
Six anti-government protesters have now been killed in Turkey in recent months.
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 12Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 13Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 14EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 15Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 16Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 17How young translators are helping knit European culture together | euronews, generation y
- 18Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 19eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 20We will not be moved! China’s urban spread resistance [PHOTOS]
Wires > News
- 15:05 CET Slovak PM launches re-election drive with tax cuts, wage hikes
- 14:54 CET Germany declines comment on reported ‘deep freeze’ with …
- 14:18 CET Al Shabaab attacks soldiers in south Somalia, two dozen dead
- 13:50 CET Irish voters back gay marriage in ‘social revolution’
- 13:18 CET Russia to adopt tough position if Ukraine defaults – PM Medvedev
- 13:16 CET Italian nun moves towards sainthood in first Kenyan ceremony
- 13:14 CET As tensions ease, Cyprus leaders enjoy coffee and cake in capital
- 11:39 CET Islamic State raises flag over citadel in Syria’s Palmyra -…