09/09/13 07:55 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
An Italian journalist and a Belgian national who were kidnapped in Syria in April have returned to Europe after being freed.
La Stampa reporter Domenico Quirico and teacher Pierre Piccinin da Prata landed in Rome, where they were met by Italy’s Foreign Minister Emma Bonino.
It is believed the pair were together when they were seized but details of who was behind their abduction remain unclear.
Quirico had entered Syria from Lebanon on April 6 and went missing three days later while travelling to the city of Homs.
Wires > News
- 09:54 CET North Korea sentences Korean American to 10 years hard labour
- 09:40 CET At least 202 civilians killed in past seven days of Aleppo…
- 09:09 CET Vietnam tells Taiwan firm to dig up waste pipe amid “red tide“…
- 09:04 CET Poland could face legal chaos as authorities defy government
- 08:43 CET Air strikes on Aleppo hospital kill doctors and children
- 08:39 CET Iran moderates eye more gains in run-off parliamentary election
- 08:36 CET Russia says U.S. force deployment violates Syria’s sovereignty -…
- 08:29 CET Real estate relic is painful reminder of Italy’s bad debts