Celebrities and beautiful people from the world of fashion attended the 10th Annual Style Awards in New York, where 21-year-old Kate Upton was elected top model of the year.
The awards marked the beginning of New York Fashion Week.
Among the designers who showed their new spring collections on the first day was Tadashi Shoji.
The 65-year-old Japanese-born American spoke about what inspired his collection: “Women’s liberation in the 1960s and 1980s, women wore power suits. I think now (in) 2013 and 2014, I think women became so confident and they can show their femininity and sweetness.”
- 1Life’s a beach in Batumi, Georgia’s top Black Sea resort
- 2‘The Wolfpack’ chronicles siblings’ life locked away in NYC flat
- 3DJ Black Coffee brings unique house blend to summer festivals
- 4Postcards from Kazakhstan: Astana’s emblematic tree of life
- 5Athens’ new multi-million euro cultural hub on schedule for 2016 opening
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 8[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 9Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 10Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 13Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 14Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 15Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 16Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 17Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 18Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 19Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
- 20[Latest] AKP loses its majority as Kurdish party enter Turkish Parliament