Germany goalkeeper Nadine Angerer was named the European Player of the Year in Switzerland on Thursday.
The 34 year old, currently playing for Australian W-League side Brisbane Roar, clinched the UEFA award following a live vote by a panel of leading football journalists.
Angerer, who was facing stiff competition from Germany teammate Lena Goessling and Swedish striker Lotta Schelin, saved a penalty in each half as Die Manschaaft clinched their sixth consecutive Women’s European crown with a 1-0 win over Norway in July.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 8Latest News Bulletin
- 9French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 10Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 11Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 19Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 20Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
Wires > Sport
- 09:17 CET Heavy rain washes out second day in Dhaka
- 08:58 CET Doyle doing well in Denver, hopes for Ireland call
- 08:29 CET Japan boosts 2020 logo defence, Belgian designer may take action
- 07:14 CET Beijing says is safe choice for 2022 winter Games
- 04:19 CET IOC kicks off proceedings for 2022 winter Games host vote
- 03:11 CET Not so hard for ‘Big Easy’ after kidney stone worries
- 00:45 CET Rio de Janeiro beefs up security with Olympics a year away
- 00:21 CET No deal done to back Platini says CONCACAF powerbroker