A Syrian medical expert has defected to Turkey and claims he has evidence that President Assad’s regime used chemical weapons in an attack near Aleppo in March.
Dr Abdeltawwab Shahrour who is head of the forensic medicine committee in Aleppo was expected to reveal the details of the attack during a press conference in Turkey but was unable to appear due to “security concerns.” His documents are said to include eye-witness police accounts.
The attack at Khan al-Assal in the northern province of Aleppo killed more than two dozen people. Both government and rebels blame each other for what they say was an assault involving chemical weapons.
In the meantime, the Syrian opposition claims it has received information about government convoys carrying chemical weapons with one reaching a military airport near Damascus and another arriving near Deraa.
The head of the Syrian National Coalition, Khaled Saleh, said: “We received information in the last couple of days, that there were three convoys that were carrying chemical weapons, rockets with chemical heads, left their locations and now we can confirm, that two of them arrived at their final destination” .
Israel has been defending its earlier testing of missile launchers in the Mediterranean close to Syria.
The missiles were detected by Russian radar earlier triggering an alert across the region.
Israel says it is necessary for its army to carry out training to maintain its edge.
Western warships have been gathering in the Mediterranean and the Red Sea ahead of an expected attack against Syria.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Kim Jong-un hands high ranking Pyongyang position to his younger sister
- 2Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia
- 3Italy: Tourist fined 20,000 euros for damaging Rome’s Colosseum
- 4Australian cricketer Phillip Hughes dies two days after being hit by ball
- 5Thanksgiving turkey pardoned by president
- 1Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia
- 2Putin denies he wants to create a new Iron Curtain
- 3Turkish President sparks row by saying women are not equal to men
- 4Clashes as Hong Kong protesters try to regain lost ground
- 5Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 3Italy swamped by flash floods | euronews, world news
- 4Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 5What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 6Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 7Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia | euronews, world news
- 8India PM Modi appoints Yoga minister | euronews, world news
- 9[Live] Rosetta’s Philae lands on comet 67P and enters the history books | euronews, world news
- 10Vladimir Putin most powerful man in the world – Forbes | euronews, world news
- 11European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 12International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 13Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 14Nadia Comaneci: gymnast of perfection and defector | euronews, the global conversation
- 15euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 16Putin plans to leave G20 talks early amid Ukraine pressure | euronews, world news
- 17Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania | euronews, world news
- 18International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 19Transcript of hanged Iranian woman’s final message released | euronews, world news
- 20Syria: Islamic extremists pledge to press ahead with battle for Kobani | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 19:55 CET Spain backs anti-graft laws as Rajoy tries to clean party image
- 19:38 CET Brazil sets more realistic budget goal with new minister
- 19:34 CET Thankful to arrive on snowy U.S. holiday with power out, travel…
- 19:31 CET Taliban kill 5 in Kabul in attacks on British embassy car, foreign…
- 19:28 CET 11 corpses dumped in same Mexico state as apparent student massacre
- 18:59 CET Polish ex-minister fined for not declaring luxury watch
- 18:28 CET NATO wrestles with new fast-reaction force prompted by Ukraine…
- 18:09 CET Bird flu outbreak in India caused by strain humans can contract -…