A Syrian medical expert has defected to Turkey and claims he has evidence that President Assad’s regime used chemical weapons in an attack near Aleppo in March.
Dr Abdeltawwab Shahrour who is head of the forensic medicine committee in Aleppo was expected to reveal the details of the attack during a press conference in Turkey but was unable to appear due to “security concerns.” His documents are said to include eye-witness police accounts.
The attack at Khan al-Assal in the northern province of Aleppo killed more than two dozen people. Both government and rebels blame each other for what they say was an assault involving chemical weapons.
In the meantime, the Syrian opposition claims it has received information about government convoys carrying chemical weapons with one reaching a military airport near Damascus and another arriving near Deraa.
The head of the Syrian National Coalition, Khaled Saleh, said: “We received information in the last couple of days, that there were three convoys that were carrying chemical weapons, rockets with chemical heads, left their locations and now we can confirm, that two of them arrived at their final destination” .
Israel has been defending its earlier testing of missile launchers in the Mediterranean close to Syria.
The missiles were detected by Russian radar earlier triggering an alert across the region.
Israel says it is necessary for its army to carry out training to maintain its edge.
Western warships have been gathering in the Mediterranean and the Red Sea ahead of an expected attack against Syria.
- 1Death toll after Nepal earthquake climbs to more than 1,900
- 2Russian pro-Putin bikers set off on controversial “Victory Ride” to Berlin
- 3Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist
- 4Fire and brimstone show EU deal is close, Varoufakis tells euronews
- 5Nepal earthquake: aid offers pour in as death toll climbs by the minute
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist
- 2Unverified video appears to show ISIL killing of 30 Ethiopian Christians
- 3US Navy deploys two more warships near Yemen as conflict escalates
- 4Ethiopia: Clashes at rally to mourn Christians killed by ISIL in Libya
- 5Fire and brimstone show EU deal is close, Varoufakis tells euronews
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 4Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 5The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 6Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 7French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 8Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 9Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 12ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 13International news | euronews, latest international news
- 14eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 15Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 16Indonesia executes five foreigners despite protest | euronews, world news
- 17French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 18International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 19Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
- 20Energy-generating clothes and smart lights join the Internet of Things | euronews, hi-tech
Wires > News
- 12:48 CET Malaysia foils attacks in capital by suspected militants
- 12:18 CET Egypt’s trial of Mursi ‘badly flawed’ – Human Rights Watch
- 12:16 CET Turkish Cypriots pick new leader ahead of planned peace talks
- 12:05 CET One more Ukrainian serviceman killed in rebel attacks – Ukraine…
- 11:56 CET Syrian TV says insurgents killed civilians after capturing town
- 11:25 CET Nepalese dig for quake survivors as toll exceeds 2,200, big…
- 06:58 CET Obama pokes fun at political friends and foes at White House dinner
- 06:40 CET U.S. official denies report of Islamic State plot in California