Extraordinary amateur video from Taiwan shows a landslide cascading down a hill, then hitting a car.
It is followed by a massive boulder, which just misses the vehicle.
The man who made the footage, Lai Hong-Wei, said the driver and passenger inside the car suffered only minor injuries.
Tropical storm Kong-Rey dumped more than 500 millimetres of rain on Taiwan.
Officials said a total of 3,600 residents were evacuated, and train services and airline flights had been cancelled.
Rescue workers had to deal with flash flooding.
The government emergency centre said three people were known to have died.
A man and woman were rescued after their car became trapped in the southern city of Tainan.
Floodwater was reported to reached the second story level of buildings in some places in the west of the island.
Kong-Rey is the second tropical storm to hit this month.
Forecasters said torrential rain could continue across Taiwan until Monday.
Copyright © 2015 euronewsMore about:
Wires > News
- 07:50 CET Afghan leader orders graft review for all army supply contracts
- 07:43 CET Insight – Syria’s Nusra Front may leave Qaeda to form new entity
- 07:34 CET China says Hong Kong must protect mainland tourists after protests
- 07:25 CET Documentary on 2012 Delhi gang rape banned in India
- 06:59 CET China says NGOs need regulating for national security reasons
- 06:57 CET South Korea’s Asiana settles U.S. court claims by 72 passengers in…
- 06:17 CET China defence budget rise to defy slowing economy
- 06:11 CET Nepal tells Mount Everest litterbugs to take out the trash