01/09/13 10:36 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Extraordinary amateur video from Taiwan shows a landslide cascading down a hill, then hitting a car.
It is followed by a massive boulder, which just misses the vehicle.
The man who made the footage, Lai Hong-Wei, said the driver and passenger inside the car suffered only minor injuries.
Tropical storm Kong-Rey dumped more than 500 millimetres of rain on Taiwan.
Officials said a total of 3,600 residents were evacuated, and train services and airline flights had been cancelled.
Rescue workers had to deal with flash flooding.
The government emergency centre said three people were known to have died.
A man and woman were rescued after their car became trapped in the southern city of Tainan.
Floodwater was reported to reached the second story level of buildings in some places in the west of the island.
Kong-Rey is the second tropical storm to hit this month.
Forecasters said torrential rain could continue across Taiwan until Monday.
Wires > News
- 10:15 CET Two Tunisians killed in landmine blast near Algerian border -…
- 10:13 CET Bahrain toughens jail term on opposition leader to nine years -…
- 10:10 CET U.S.-backed Syrian alliance widens offensive near IS capital
- 09:58 CET EU’s Juncker plans to visit Russia in June
- 09:18 CET More than 20 killed in series of bombings in Baghdad, police says
- 09:07 CET Turk formin to launch process of re-opening Tripoli embassy -…
- 09:04 CET Three people killed in flooding in southwestern Germany
- 09:01 CET New photo of Japanese hostage appears with message pleading for…