Extraordinary amateur video from Taiwan shows a landslide cascading down a hill, then hitting a car.
It is followed by a massive boulder, which just misses the vehicle.
The man who made the footage, Lai Hong-Wei, said the driver and passenger inside the car suffered only minor injuries.
Tropical storm Kong-Rey dumped more than 500 millimetres of rain on Taiwan.
Officials said a total of 3,600 residents were evacuated, and train services and airline flights had been cancelled.
Rescue workers had to deal with flash flooding.
The government emergency centre said three people were known to have died.
A man and woman were rescued after their car became trapped in the southern city of Tainan.
Floodwater was reported to reached the second story level of buildings in some places in the west of the island.
Kong-Rey is the second tropical storm to hit this month.
Forecasters said torrential rain could continue across Taiwan until Monday.
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 11Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 12Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 13International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 14Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 15EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 17Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 18How young translators are helping knit European culture together | euronews, generation y
- 19eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 20We will not be moved! China’s urban spread resistance [PHOTOS]
Wires > News
- 04:41 CET China clamps down on 181 “terror gangs” in west
- 00:35 CET Polish president concedes election defeat to conservative…
- 00:24 CET Indonesia’s military creeps back into civilian affairs
- 23:20 CET Libyan government warplanes attack oil tanker docked at Sirte
- 21:11 CET Greece hasn’t got the money to make June IMF repayment – interior…
- 20:54 CET Syria says Islamic State kills hundreds, including children, in…
- 20:27 CET John Nash, mathematician who inspired ‘A Beautiful Mind’, killed…
- 18:50 CET Ex-advisor to Peruvian president disappears in Bolivia