Extraordinary amateur video from Taiwan shows a landslide cascading down a hill, then hitting a car.
It is followed by a massive boulder, which just misses the vehicle.
The man who made the footage, Lai Hong-Wei, said the driver and passenger inside the car suffered only minor injuries.
Tropical storm Kong-Rey dumped more than 500 millimetres of rain on Taiwan.
Officials said a total of 3,600 residents were evacuated, and train services and airline flights had been cancelled.
Rescue workers had to deal with flash flooding.
The government emergency centre said three people were known to have died.
A man and woman were rescued after their car became trapped in the southern city of Tainan.
Floodwater was reported to reached the second story level of buildings in some places in the west of the island.
Kong-Rey is the second tropical storm to hit this month.
Forecasters said torrential rain could continue across Taiwan until Monday.
- 1Saakashvili warns of Odessa region’s importance to Ukraine
- 2Greece: with referendum looming ‘Yes’ vote ahead, opinion poll suggests
- 3Finland tops European countries in latest happiness survey
- 4Tsipras: ‘no’ vote will mean a better deal with lenders
- 5Thousands rally in France in support of Greek “no” vote
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 8[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 9Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 10NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 12‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 13Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 14Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 15Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek banks, stock exchange will not open on Monday, Tsipras announces
Wires > News
- 17:15 CET Saudi policeman killed during arrest raid – SPA agency
- 17:11 CET Ecuador, first stop on Pope tour, highlights environment…
- 17:10 CET U.N. calls on Israel, Palestinians to prosecute Gaza war crimes
- 16:13 CET A week after Kuwait bombing, Sunnis and Shi’ites pray together for…
- 14:54 CET Chad seizes suspected Boko Haram weapons cache in N’Djamena
- 14:48 CET Hungary’s asylum bill blow to refugee protection – Council of…
- 14:31 CET Israel accuses Hamas of aiding Islamic State in Egypt
- 12:52 CET In Greece, a vote befitting the birthplace of democracy?