Skipper Dean Barker and his Emirates Team New Zealand completed their demolition of Luna Rossa on Sunday to win the Louis Vuitton Cup.
Team New Zealand celebrated a 7-1 overall victory in the best-of-13 series in San Francisco and booked their ticket for the 34th edition of the America’s Cup.
Awaiting Barker and his crew in the final of the 152-year old race are defending champions Oracle Team USA.
The best of 17-race series also takes place in San Francisco and begins on September 7th.
Apart from one defeat due to equipment failure earlier in the month the Kiwis had dominated the Italians in the final on the 10 nautical mile course.
Team New Zealand had superior boat speed throughout the regatta and after setting a course speed record on Saturday were again in a class of their own in race eight.
They sailed across the line at 74 kilometres an hour and cruised to a three minute and 20 second victory over the Italian syndicate, helmed by Briton Chris Draper.
- 1Britain’s Webb wins Antarctic Ice Marathon
- 2Champions League: Real Madrid hold off Shakhtar to win Group A
- 3Rio Olympics: hockey and badminton venues under the spotlight
- 4Embattled IAAF set to meet in Monte Carlo amid doping and corruption scandals
- 5Belgium prepare for first Davis Cup final in over a century
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 31000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 4Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 7Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 8European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 9latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 11Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 12Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 13‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 14‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis
- 15International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 16Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 17Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 18Iraq: deadly car bombs kill more than 60 in Baghdad
- 19Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 20No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary
Rio’s Olympic whitewater slalom course put through its paces
Judo: Britain’s Conway wins gold in Jeju
Clipper Round the World Yacht Race: LMAX wins stage three
Klitschko and Fury warm up for title fight at Dusseldorf airport
IAAF president Coe quits Nike role amid conflict of interest claims
Wires > Sport
- 19:22 CET Fury cites Ali, Douglas as he plots Klitschko sensation
- 18:51 CET Renault’s F1 future remains on hold
- 18:44 CET FIBA lifts Russia’s international ban
- 18:14 CET Rosberg fastest as Mercedes dominate in Abu Dhabi
- 17:21 CET Newcastle needed ‘feisty’ training session – McClaren
- 17:16 CET Marathon great Radcliffe cleared by IAAF of doping claims
- 16:53 CET Brazil’s Andrade Gutierrez to admit World Cup bribes – Folha paper
- 16:41 CET Swansea have trust in me says under-fire Monk