26/08/13 17:44 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
An Israeli jeep is pelted with rocks in the Qalandiya refugee camp in the West Bank.
Palestinians are showing their anger in more ways than one after three people were killed by Israeli gunfire during a dawn raid on the camp. Peace talks scheduled for this afternoon were called off as a result.
Tensions remain high at the Qalandiyah check point. Young people gathered to hurl stones at the Israeli officers and bins were set ablaze.
The clashes broke out earlier on when Israeli forces entered the camp on a raid to arrest a suspect according to Israeli border police.
Emotional funerals for the three killed were held later in the day under a heavy presence of militant groups.
It is the deadliest incident to happen in the area for years.
Wires > News
- 07:39 CET Outrage in multi-ethnic Malaysia as government backs Islamic law
- 06:59 CET U.S. forces in Okinawa hold month of mourning for murdered…
- 06:22 CET Mexico drug boss Chapo files legal challenge against extradition -…
- 06:11 CET Pakistani PM to undergo heart surgery in London
- 04:23 CET Argentine court finds 15 guilty in Operation Condor conspiracy
- 03:07 CET Colombia’s ELN rebels free three kidnapped journalists
- 02:31 CET Global airport trade group opposes new checkpoints after attacks
- 02:19 CET Lebanese Hezbollah ministers, MPs could be hit by U.S. law – …