26/08/13 17:44 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
An Israeli jeep is pelted with rocks in the Qalandiya refugee camp in the West Bank.
Palestinians are showing their anger in more ways than one after three people were killed by Israeli gunfire during a dawn raid on the camp. Peace talks scheduled for this afternoon were called off as a result.
Tensions remain high at the Qalandiyah check point. Young people gathered to hurl stones at the Israeli officers and bins were set ablaze.
The clashes broke out earlier on when Israeli forces entered the camp on a raid to arrest a suspect according to Israeli border police.
Emotional funerals for the three killed were held later in the day under a heavy presence of militant groups.
It is the deadliest incident to happen in the area for years.
Latest world news
Kenya burns huge ivory stockpile calling for ban on trade
Hundreds arrested as German anti-immigrant AfD party congress begins
Iraq: al-Sadr supporters storm Baghdad Green Zone and parliament
Sweden celebrates 70th birthday of King Carl XVI Gustaf
Iraq: al Sadr supporters storm Green Zone and parliament
Wires > News
- 21:45 CET Canada eager to consider investing in new Montreal rail network -…
- 20:58 CET Blacklisted oil tanker returns to Libya’s Zawiya port
- 20:11 CET Saudi hands over Houthi prisoners as Yemen peace efforts inch…
- 19:49 CET Obama takes final bow at star-studded Washington dinner
- 19:46 CET Aleppo bombed as Syrian army begins ‘calm’ plan elsewhere
- 19:18 CET Egypt puts on trial 237 activists for protests against Sisi -…
- 19:05 CET Germany’s Merkel under attack at anti-immigration rally marred by…
- 17:36 CET Serbian opposition rallies in Belgrade demanding election recount