An Israeli jeep is pelted with rocks in the Qalandiya refugee camp in the West Bank.
Palestinians are showing their anger in more ways than one after three people were killed by Israeli gunfire during a dawn raid on the camp. Peace talks scheduled for this afternoon were called off as a result.
Tensions remain high at the Qalandiyah check point. Young people gathered to hurl stones at the Israeli officers and bins were set ablaze.
The clashes broke out earlier on when Israeli forces entered the camp on a raid to arrest a suspect according to Israeli border police.
Emotional funerals for the three killed were held later in the day under a heavy presence of militant groups.
It is the deadliest incident to happen in the area for years.
- 1Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 23D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 3France claims Russian jets have struck rebel, not IS forces in Homs
- 4Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 5Bombing in Syria not World War III, says Russia’s EU ambassador
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 10Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 11Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 14Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 18Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
Latest world news
‘Terrorism’ arrests in Australia over murder of police employee
Putin’s Syrian operations ‘planned with Iranian general’
Brazilian inmates take hostages in jail riot
Turkey said to offer Russia cooperation over Syria to reduce tension
Hungary’s first democratic president Árpád Göncz, dies 93
Wires > News
- 09:46 CET Syrian army and Russian jets target rebels in western Syria
- 09:35 CET Turkish forces kill four Kurdish militants after robbery – governor
- 08:41 CET Thailand denies labour abuses after IndustriALL Union complaint
- 08:26 CET Singapore retailer pulls Indonesia’s APP paper products on smog…
- 08:13 CET Ex-Yemen president’s party says accepts peace terms
- 08:03 CET Refugees give Greek tour operators an extended season
- 07:51 CET Japan’s Abe keeps allies in key posts as attention returns to…
- 06:11 CET Malaysia’s rulers call for quick action on scandal dogging state…