In the UK, the annual Notting Hill Carnival opened on Saturday August 25 with thousands of people gathering in North-West London to celebrate Caribbean culture.
The carnival, now in its 49th year, attracts nearly one million people over the weekend and typically includes parades, food, dance and music. But this year a special impromptu performance from three Metropolitan Police officers also brought cheers from the crowds.
Surrounded by festival revellers the three policemen put on an impressive performance, bumping and grinding for an improvised “dance-off” with their onlookers.
London newspaper the Evening Standard reported the clip had been posted by one London cop with the caption “good community relations in my opinion”. According to the paper, a Met spokesperson declined to comment but said: “I don’t think this is a problem if officers are getting in with the crowd”.
The Met did confirm that more than 100 people were arrested on the first day of the street party, mostly for drugs offences. Another 300 people were treated for minor injuries including cuts and bruises and other alcohol-related injuries.
Credit photo and video CC By joeyyhh on YouTube
- 1French Riviera declared ‘disaster zone’ after deadly flash floods
- 2Migrant crisis: Hungary poised to shut unofficial border crossings with Croatia
- 3Russian air strike hits terrorist training camp in Syria, say defence officials
- 4Conservative coalition on course for another win in Portuguese elections
- 5Refugees tell of ISIL brutality which forced them to leave Syria
- 1Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 2Russia launches more air strikes in Syria
- 3Several reported dead and missing after severe floods in southern France
- 4Migrant crisis: Hungary poised to shut unofficial border crossings with Croatia
- 5Russian air strike hits terrorist training camp in Syria, say defence officials
- 1NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 2Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 3Poland: thousands turn out for anti-immigration protests
- 4Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 5France claims Russian jets have struck rebel, not IS forces in Homs
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 11Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 12Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 13Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 14Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 15Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 16Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 17Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 18International news | euronews, latest international news
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20Hungary’s army can shoot rubber bullets and tear gas at refugees
EU officials ‘hiding meetings’ with tobacco industry lobbyists
Extreme poverty likely to drop below 10% – World Bank
Porn pioneers the 3D, 360° virtual reality viewing experience
On one beach: 283 lifejackets, 48 plastic tubes, 36 pieces of clothing
Médecins Sans Frontières staff killed after suspected US airstrike on Afghan hospital
Wires > News
- 20:29 CET Canada election shifts attention to trade deal as race narrows
- 20:26 CET NATO denounces Russian incursion into Turkish air space
- 19:18 CET EU states might get budget relief on refugee costs – officials
- 19:15 CET Erdogan presses EU to act in Syria over migrant crisis
- 18:57 CET Magnitude 6 earthquake strikes off central Chile – USGS
- 18:49 CET UK crime agency authorised to seize cash from Nigeria ex-oil…
- 18:30 CET Millions hungry in sub-Saharan Africa, worse to come from El Nino…
- 18:03 CET Islamic State militants blow up ancient Arch of Triumph in Palmyra