Sebastien Vettel recorded his fifth victory of the season and career second at Spa-Francorchamps after the German triple world champion easily won the Belgian Grand Prix on Sunday.
In what turned out to be one of the most comfortable victories of the year the Red Bull driver took over the lead from Lewis Hamilton on lap one.
He then continued to move further away from the field as the race went on and eventually crossed the line just under 17 second clear of Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso.
Britain’s 2008 world champion Hamilton, who started on pole position for the fourth race in a row, took a distant third place for Mercedes with German teammate Nico Rosberg fourth.
Vettel stretched his championship lead over Alonso to 46 points with eight races and 200 points remaining.
Hamilton moved up to third as Lotus’ Kimi Raikkonen failed to score after retiring with brake failure.
Red Bull are the runaway leaders in the constructors race on 312 points – Mercedes move into second ahead of Italian glamour team Ferrari.
The next race is in Italy on September 8th.
- 1Paris 2024 unveil new Eiffel Tower-inspired Olympic bid logo
- 2Royal Shrovetide football: the oldest, largest and most chaotic footy match on earth
- 3Heavyweights hit the tatami at the Paris Judo Grand Slam
- 4Agbegnenou thrills the French on home tatami in judo’s Paris Grand Slam
- 5Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 4Partnering to grow Europe
- 5Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 6Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 7Macedonian Postcards: The Mavrovo National Park
- 8Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 9Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 10latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 12Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 13International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 14Evo Morales celebrates his birthday by playing football
- 15Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 16Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 17Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 18Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 19Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 20Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
Wires > Sport
- 15:26 CET Honda’s 30-metre strike sinks Genoa at soggy San Siro
- 15:24 CET Welbeck returns to score late Arsenal winner
- 14:06 CET West Indies stun India to win maiden U-19 World Cup
- 13:45 CET Loew rues bad Badstuber luck after latest injury
- 10:17 CET Belgian Broos takes over as Cameroon national coach
- 09:34 CET Venus vanquishes Doi to claim inaugural Taiwan title
- 06:44 CET Nadal slips to Thiem loss, Almagro finally beats Ferrer
- 05:41 CET Fritz blitz helps American teenager set Memphis milestone