Sebastien Vettel recorded his fifth victory of the season and career second at Spa-Francorchamps after the German triple world champion easily won the Belgian Grand Prix on Sunday.
In what turned out to be one of the most comfortable victories of the year the Red Bull driver took over the lead from Lewis Hamilton on lap one.
He then continued to move further away from the field as the race went on and eventually crossed the line just under 17 second clear of Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso.
Britain’s 2008 world champion Hamilton, who started on pole position for the fourth race in a row, took a distant third place for Mercedes with German teammate Nico Rosberg fourth.
Vettel stretched his championship lead over Alonso to 46 points with eight races and 200 points remaining.
Hamilton moved up to third as Lotus’ Kimi Raikkonen failed to score after retiring with brake failure.
Red Bull are the runaway leaders in the constructors race on 312 points – Mercedes move into second ahead of Italian glamour team Ferrari.
The next race is in Italy on September 8th.
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 5Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 6It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 9Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 10How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 11Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 12Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 13Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 14ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 15International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 16International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 17Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 18International news | euronews, latest international news
- 19eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 20Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 16:06 CET McLaren go greyer after painful start
- 15:05 CET Motor racing-Alonso back in the Spanish spotlight
- 14:19 CET We are not safe yet warns Hamburg coach Labbadia
- 13:33 CET McCarthy loses more than hair in barbershop robbery
- 12:34 CET Wiggins wants to put Hour record beyond reach
- 12:20 CET Puma cuts profit forecast as strong dollar takes toll
- 11:52 CET Israeli FA to meet Blatter in effort to avert suspension
- 11:11 CET Juventus move a step closer to rejoining Europe’s elite