23/08/13 18:03 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Swiss television station, RSI brings a report from Spain where the economic crisis has forced 27% of Spanish children below the poverty line. Many schools have remained open over the summer holiday, to make sure the youngsters get at least one full meal a day.
Spanish TV station TVE says only 2 out of 10 under 30-year-olds in Spain have left the parental home. The economic situation and high youth unemployment have left this generation unable to find any kind of independence.
A final report from French TV station, France 3 describes the growing problem for children without families. It’s estimated there are up to 8000 children without visas, who get by however they can.
A daring seven kilometre swim across the hazardous Aegean Sea by one Syrian migrant.
Action by European states to welcome refugees from Syria and Iraq
The Chernobyl disaster of 30 years ago remembered across Europe
Music and maths to show solidarity with refugees who arrive in Europe
Panama Papers lessons
Wires > News
- 13:58 CET Pakistan bans airing of ‘undesired’ contraceptive advertisements
- 13:32 CET UNESCO chief sees threat from cultural destruction
- 13:17 CET Xi says China should invest more in the elderly
- 12:48 CET Pakistani PM to undergo heart surgery in London
- 11:53 CET Turkish rockets, U.S.-led coalition hit Islamic State in Syria…
- 11:43 CET Blast kills one at Bulgaria’s biggest military plant
- 11:41 CET Militants attack Nembe pipeline in Nigeria’s Delta – official
- 11:37 CET At G7, Cameron keeps lid on press pack’s ‘Brexit’ probing