23/08/13 18:03 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Swiss television station, RSI brings a report from Spain where the economic crisis has forced 27% of Spanish children below the poverty line. Many schools have remained open over the summer holiday, to make sure the youngsters get at least one full meal a day.
Spanish TV station TVE says only 2 out of 10 under 30-year-olds in Spain have left the parental home. The economic situation and high youth unemployment have left this generation unable to find any kind of independence.
A final report from French TV station, France 3 describes the growing problem for children without families. It’s estimated there are up to 8000 children without visas, who get by however they can.
The Chernobyl disaster of 30 years ago remembered across Europe
Music and maths to show solidarity with refugees who arrive in Europe
Panama Papers lessons
Brussels: first came the horror, then disbelief. Now questions are being asked.
Je suis Brussels – the aftermath of the bombings in the Belgian capital
Wires > News
- 02:00 CET Singapore set to pick military helicopters as arms spending rises
- 01:31 CET Australia PM Turnbull confirms will call election for July 2
- 01:15 CET Brazil prosecutor asks Supreme Court to investigate Lula
- 00:01 CET Russia delays U.N. council condemnation of North Korea missile…
- 23:10 CET Islamic State kills U.S. Navy SEAL in northern Iraq
- 21:53 CET Proposed Irish government to prioritise spending over tax cuts -…
- 20:56 CET Liberian presidential candidate Weah’s lawyers to go to U.S. over…
- 20:30 CET EU executive to propose reforming asylum system