Former American football player Aaron Hernandez was indicted on Thursday by a grand jury in Massachusetts on a charge of first-degree murder.
The indictment also contains five counts of firearms violations.
The former New England Patriots tight end is charged with killing 27-year-old Odin Lloyd in June.
Lloyd was a semi-professional football player from Boston who was dating the sister of Hernandez’s girlfriend.
His bullet-riddled body was found in an industrial area near Hernandez’s home in North Attleborough, Massachusetts.
The 23-year-old Hernandez pleaded not guilty to murder and weapons charges in June, and is being held without bail at a county jail,
If convicted he could face life in prison without parole as Massachusetts does not have the death penalty.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Podemos: Spanish indignation in Brussels’ corridors of power | euronews, reporter
- 2Israel announces it will seize 400 acres in West Bank | euronews, world news
- 3Japan sounds bluefin warning, calls for 50% catch cut | euronews, world news
- 4Hoverbike on the horizon | euronews, hi-tech
- 5China executes eight Muslims convicted of terrorism | euronews, world news
- 63D printing: a driving force in design and engineering | euronews, hi-tech
- 7Ukraine accuses Russian aid convoy of stealing factory equipment | euronews, world news
- 8Young Yazidi girl escapes Islamic State kidnappers | euronews, world news
- 9#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians | euronews, world news
- 10New car offers freedom for disabled drivers | euronews, hi-tech
- 11EU leaders name Donald Tusk European Council president | euronews, world news
- 12Everything you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 13Turkish ferry makes high-speed final landing | euronews, no comment
- 14Risk of fresh ash cloud threatens European air travel | euronews, world news
- 15Canada sends hilarious barb to Russia over Ukraine ‘incursions’ | euronews, world news
- 16The business benefits of EU chemical regulation | euronews, business planet
- 17Iceland warns Europe’s airlines of possible volcanic eruption | euronews, world news
- 18Thousands of Catalans call for choice on split from Spain | euronews, world news
- 19Iceland puts on a show as two of its volcanoes spew out lava | euronews, world news
- 20Marine Le Pen criticises France’s decision to halt Mistral warship sale to Russia | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 07:27 CET Match-fixing deterrent too expensive say Malaysians
- 06:47 CET North Korea hails world champion Yang
- 06:43 CET Iran equipment official charged with sexual harassment
- 06:03 CET Halep latest to qualify for WTA Finals
- 04:46 CET Ericsson looking to the long run
- 04:14 CET Lerner farewell galvanises Villa talent
- 04:08 CET Messi-Neymar connection clicking before APOEL game
- 04:05 CET Chelsea, Costa set to heap more misery on Schalke