Former American football player Aaron Hernandez was indicted on Thursday by a grand jury in Massachusetts on a charge of first-degree murder.
The indictment also contains five counts of firearms violations.
The former New England Patriots tight end is charged with killing 27-year-old Odin Lloyd in June.
Lloyd was a semi-professional football player from Boston who was dating the sister of Hernandez’s girlfriend.
His bullet-riddled body was found in an industrial area near Hernandez’s home in North Attleborough, Massachusetts.
The 23-year-old Hernandez pleaded not guilty to murder and weapons charges in June, and is being held without bail at a county jail,
If convicted he could face life in prison without parole as Massachusetts does not have the death penalty.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 7Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 8Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 9Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 10Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 13NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 15Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
Wires > Sport
- 13:18 CET Hamilton determined to dominate home race
- 13:04 CET Super trophy lost, Cheika lands prized Folau
- 11:39 CET Struggling for goals, Messi happy to make assists instead
- 10:52 CET Sauber appoint Smith as technical director
- 10:04 CET Sky to split with British Cycling after 2016
- 09:47 CET Rahane surprised to be named stand-in India captain
- 08:15 CET Bastia face relegation threat over deficit
- 06:05 CET Martino demands more despite six-goal semi-final haul