Former American football player Aaron Hernandez was indicted on Thursday by a grand jury in Massachusetts on a charge of first-degree murder.
The indictment also contains five counts of firearms violations.
The former New England Patriots tight end is charged with killing 27-year-old Odin Lloyd in June.
Lloyd was a semi-professional football player from Boston who was dating the sister of Hernandez’s girlfriend.
His bullet-riddled body was found in an industrial area near Hernandez’s home in North Attleborough, Massachusetts.
The 23-year-old Hernandez pleaded not guilty to murder and weapons charges in June, and is being held without bail at a county jail,
If convicted he could face life in prison without parole as Massachusetts does not have the death penalty.
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 4International news | euronews, latest international news
- 51000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 6latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 7European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 8world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 9New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 10Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 11Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 14Latest sport news
- 15‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 16Iraq: deadly car bombs kill more than 60 in Baghdad
- 17No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary
- 18Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 19‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis
- 20Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
Champions League: Defending champs Barcelona storm into last 16
Champions League: Real Madrid and PSG set sights on knockout stages
Kenyan athletes continue protest at federation HQ
World Cup winner Nonu unveiled at Toulon
Heightened security to be introduced at upcoming major sporting events
Wires > Sport
- 01:58 CET Coe under fire for support of Eugene world championships
- 01:19 CET Atletico’s Simeone mulls Galatasaray attacking threat
- 00:34 CET Chelsea repeat drubbing of Maccabi to close in on last 16
- 00:07 CET Sanchez epitomises Arsenal’s never-say-die attitude
- 23:44 CET Ten-man Bayern crush Olympiakos to book knockout place
- 23:43 CET Sanchez double helps keep Arsenal’s hopes alive
- 23:13 CET Casillas blunders as Porto blow chance to qualify
- 23:02 CET Lyon bow out of Europe with last-gasp Gent loss