20/08/13 05:24 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Looking relaxed and happy, Britain’s Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have released informal snap shots taken by the Duchess’s father of themselves with their baby son Prince George.
Britain’s newest royal arrived nearly a month ago amid a media frenzy. Today’s photos were a break with tradition by rejecting an official photographer, and in keeping with the royal couple’s wish to have things as informal as possible.
The snaps were released a day after Prince William gave his first interview since the birth, describing his son as “a bit of a rascal” who does not want to go to sleep.
And although William, who is second in line to the British throne, talked of his joy of becoming a father, he did admit he was looking forward to getting back to work.
Latest world news
Baghdad protesters leave Green Zone but vow to keep up pressure over corruption
National issues highlighted in Europe’s May Day rallies
From Jerusalem to Damascus to Moscow, Orthodox Christians celebrate Easter
Brussels airport departure hall reopens after terror attacks
Dozens killed in ISIL suicide blasts in southern Iraq
Wires > News
- 00:37 CET Egyptian police raid press syndicate, arrest two journalists
- 23:05 CET Islamic State boosts attacks in response to territorial losses -…
- 22:43 CET French far-right veteran Le Pen predicts daughter’s failure in…
- 21:49 CET Bomb attack in southeast Turkey wounds 10 troops, Kurdish…
- 21:47 CET Puerto Rico faces default as governor plans to address island
- 21:30 CET Yemen officials say peace talks suspended after Houthis seize base
- 21:28 CET Bergdahl defense can access classified information, court rules
- 21:11 CET Connecticut governor honored for welcoming Syrian refugees