New Zealand batsman Jesse Ryder has been suspended for six months for an anti-doping violation.
The 29-year-old, who claims he took a weight-loss supplement which was contaminated or mislabelled, escaped a mandatory two-year ban for failing a drug test because the tribunal said it accepted his argument.
The ban was backdated to April, meaning Ryder will be available to play again in October.
- 1Champions League: Bayern Munich v Atletico Madrid preview
- 2Champions League preview: Atletico Madrid v Bayern Munich
- 3Leicester City win Premier League after Tottenham draw with Chelsea
- 4Champions League: Real Madrid v Man City preview
- 5Colombia’s Nairo Quintana bumped up on podium in Tour de Romandie
Wires > Sport
- 10:55 CET Long targets Spurs win to complete set for Koeman
- 10:54 CET Contrite Rose apologises over Chelsea-Spurs scuffle
- 10:45 CET Europe remained a bridge too far for Guardiola’s Bayern
- 10:44 CET Courtois pledges to stay at Chelsea next season
- 10:41 CET Berlusconi to start talks on sale of AC Milan – Il Messaggero
- 10:24 CET Adidas to close Neo stores in Europe
- 10:18 CET Adidas seeks buyer for golf business to focus on shoes, clothing
- 09:22 CET Ranieri puts hefty price tag on title-winning Foxes