Emirates Team New Zealand produced yet another flawless run to edge out Luna Rossa on Tuesday and regain the lead in the Louis Vuitton Cup Final on San Francisco Bay.
Despite a good start from the Italians, Dean Barker’s men stepped it up a gear at the midway mark and held on for the win as their rivals were eventually forced to abandon after damaging the control arm of their wing.
This win sees Emirates Team New Zealand take a 2-1 lead over Luna Rossa with the next two races taking place on Wednesday.
The winner of the best-of-13 finals will lock horns with reigning champion Oracle Team USA in the 34th edition of the America’s Cup which gets underway in September.
Wires > Sport
- 19:52 CET Berlusconi says would prefer Italian buyer for AC Milan
- 18:43 CET Home victory for Dutchman Dumoulin in Giro opener
- 18:22 CET Spurs player Dembele banned for six matches
- 18:15 CET Spain is ‘marker in sand’ for Renault F1 team
- 17:06 CET Ennis-Hill to miss Gotzis event as injury hampers Olympics run-up
- 16:40 CET Bosman says his case paved way for Leicester success
- 16:28 CET UEFA dismiss complaints over Europa League final venue
- 16:24 CET Formula E electric series cancels Moscow race