Former Tour de France winner Bradley Wiggins announced on Monday his plan is to compete in road racing one more season before switching back to track cycling.
The 33 year old, bidding to claim a fifth Olympic gold medal at the 2016 Games in Rio, believes there is little chance of him wearing the Yellow Jersey again and will instead look to crown his stellar career with the Great Britain team pursuit squad.
Wiggins, who was unable to defend his 2012 Tour de France title due to injury, has clinched seven Olympic medals in total so far dating back to a bronze in Sydney in 2000.
- 1Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 2Sochi 2015: Russia’s expensive Olympic village falling into ruin
- 3Djokovic takes the glory but both he and Nadal take the money in Thailand exhibition
- 4Austrian climber first to ascend Lebanese landmark
- 5Greek freejumper delights crowds in Santorini in the Redbull Art of Motion 2015 finals
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 4NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 5Latest News Bulletin
- 6At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 7Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 13[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 14Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 15International news | euronews, latest international news
- 16Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 17Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 18Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 19Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 20Hungary’s army can shoot rubber bullets and tear gas at refugees
Wires > Sport
- 17:50 CET Past results will mean nothing against Ireland, says Dusautoir
- 16:26 CET Australia and Wales eye more than just bragging rights
- 16:20 CET No dangerous precedent over McIlroy – tour chief
- 15:54 CET Poland suffer triple injury blow before Ireland match
- 15:28 CET Blatter’s ex defends suspended football boss
- 15:18 CET Rosberg again denies Hamilton his 50th pole
- 15:13 CET French federation to appeal against Platini’s ban to CAS ‘if…
- 14:35 CET CONMEBOL calls Platini suspension ‘disproportionate’