Former Tour de France winner Bradley Wiggins announced on Monday his plan is to compete in road racing one more season before switching back to track cycling.
The 33 year old, bidding to claim a fifth Olympic gold medal at the 2016 Games in Rio, believes there is little chance of him wearing the Yellow Jersey again and will instead look to crown his stellar career with the Great Britain team pursuit squad.
Wiggins, who was unable to defend his 2012 Tour de France title due to injury, has clinched seven Olympic medals in total so far dating back to a bronze in Sydney in 2000.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 9Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 10Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20The Pluto flyby : what we’ve learnt so far
Wires > Sport
- 12:44 CET Twente take teenager on loan from Man City
- 12:24 CET Australia reaffirm interest in future Olympic bid
- 12:06 CET Haddin omission hardest decision of my career – Lehmann
- 11:06 CET IOC boss tells Japan ‘no apology needed’ over stadium changes
- 10:52 CET Hopeful sports to face Tokyo grilling
- 10:20 CET Porte joins BMC Racing from Team Sky
- 06:15 CET ‘Cliffy’ back to add heft to Wallabies pack
- 05:59 CET Rio Games torch to be lit in Olympia on April 21, 2106