The suspected leader of one of Mexico’s oldest drug cartels, Mario Ramirez Trevino is facing up to 40 years in jail after being arrested.
Ramirez Trevino is said to be the head of the cocaine and marijuana-smuggling Gulf cartel. He was captured on the border with the US where he is also wanted for drug trafficking.
It is the second high-profile arrest since President Enrique Pena Nieto came to power in December.
The leader of the notoriously brutal Zetas cartel, Miguel Angel Trevino Morales, was also arrested last month.
- 1Obama denounces Russia’s ‘increasingly aggressive posture’ on Ukraine
- 2‘Rampant corruption:’ US orders arrest of senior FIFA executives
- 3Chancellor Merkel heads Forbes most powerful women list – again!
- 4Bunny beaten to death live on Danish radio
- 5Swiss police arrest several senior Fifa executives in a morning raid at a five-star hotel in Zurich
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 9Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 14Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 15EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 17Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 18Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 19eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 20How young translators are helping knit European culture together | euronews, generation y
Wires > News
- 21:20 CET Belgian flights halted after air traffic power fault
- 21:17 CET Blair to leave Middle East envoy post after years of struggling…
- 21:12 CET Saudi designates two Hezbollah officials as terrorists
- 20:18 CET Nepal recovers more human remains from U.S. chopper crash site
- 20:07 CET France warns Iran over nuclear deal as deadline nears
- 19:58 CET Germany’s Angela Merkel again tops Forbes most powerful women list
- 19:49 CET Islamic State sympathizers may have made airline threats – …
- 19:44 CET Analysis – Emboldened in Syria and Iraq, Islamic State may be…