Afghanistan’s football fans will be hoping their national team can turn on the style when they take on Pakistan on Tuesday in their first home game for 10 years .
Both nations frequently held sports fixtures in the past, but ties were cut after the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in 1979, followed by a civil war which began in 1992.
The match will provide both countries with much needed practice ahead of the South Asian Football Federation Championship which kicks off in Nepal on August 31.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Why World Elephant Day matters
- 7Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 8Latest News Bulletin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 11Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > Sport
- 22:02 CET Man City flex muscles as English clubs break spending record
- 21:57 CET Los Angeles named U.S. bid candidate for 2024 Games
- 21:36 CET Real, United blame each other over failed De Gea deal
- 21:19 CET Los Angeles votes to pursue hosting 2024 Summer Olympics
- 21:11 CET Bulgaria keeper Stoyanov ruled out of Euro qualifiers
- 20:35 CET India’s Sharma and Sri Lankan Chandimal get bans
- 20:17 CET Romania to donate match profits to sick player
- 19:47 CET Water will be clean in time for Games – Rio 2016 chief