Chelsea have been on red alert as rumours persist about Radamel Falcao leaving Monaco after just months at the club.
Falcao was said to have been recruited under false pretences.
He signed a contract for 14 million euros. His salary may be cut in half because of the tax changes proposed by François Hollande’s government.
After scoring his second goal in two matches, the Colombian striker said that despite the rumours, he is happy to stay at Monaco.
Big-spending Monaco, owned by Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev, have splashed out about 150 million euros to bring in top players including Falcao.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 3International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 4Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 5European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 6Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 7All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 8How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 9Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 10Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 11What to expect in “The World of Ice and Fire,” George R.R. Martin’s new book | euronews, world news
- 12Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 13Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 14International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 15US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 18Philippe Starck: ‘Words like longevity and legacy have become almost avant-garde’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 19US delivers technical aid to Ukraine but warns over security | euronews, world news
- 20euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
Wires > Sport
- 01:31 CET Formula One urged to cut costs as teams fail
- 01:28 CET Controversial batsman Ryder gets World Cup lifeline
- 00:52 CET Mercedes rivals warm up with burgers and bling
- 23:12 CET Rio 2016 says it will offset 3.6 million tonnes of emissions at…
- 23:01 CET Formula One tweaks qualifying due to fewer cars
- 22:13 CET Austrian Braendle sets new hour record
- 21:31 CET Button is a wanted man, says his manager
- 20:34 CET London-bound Murray puts an end to ‘bad year’ babble