18/08/13 19:58 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Chelsea have been on red alert as rumours persist about Radamel Falcao leaving Monaco after just months at the club.
Falcao was said to have been recruited under false pretences.
He signed a contract for 14 million euros. His salary may be cut in half because of the tax changes proposed by François Hollande’s government.
After scoring his second goal in two matches, the Colombian striker said that despite the rumours, he is happy to stay at Monaco.
Big-spending Monaco, owned by Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev, have splashed out about 150 million euros to bring in top players including Falcao.
- 1Fourteen Russian athletes test positive from 2008 Olympics
- 2Champions League final: Ronaldo limps out of training but insists he’ll be fit for finale
- 3France defender Varane ruled out of Euro 2016 with injury
- 4The Corner: The winners and losers from Europe’s Cup finals weekend
- 5NBA: Raptors claw their way back into Eastern Conference final
- 1Federer withdraws from French Open
- 2Fourteen Russian athletes test positive from 2008 Olympics
- 3European Aquatics Championships: Pellegrini defends 200 metres freestyle title to add more gold to Italian tally
- 4Spills and thrills as Lorenzo takes lead in MotoGP
- 5Sevilla strike back to beat Liverpool for record third straight Europa League title
Wires > Sport
- 08:14 CET Tallent holds mock medal ceremony after Russian doping report
- 06:10 CET Horwill back as Cheika springs surprises for England series
- 04:34 CET Ginn laments Australia’s eights flop at Rio trial
- 03:34 CET NZ cricket coach Hesson extends contract until 2019
- 01:43 CET Olympic champion Fraser-Pryce to return in Oregon
- 23:52 CET Copa America to use Hawk-Eye for goal-line technology
- 22:38 CET Exclusive – Brazil investigating possible corruption at Olympic…
- 22:06 CET Secret to Zidane’s success is charm, not tactics