Chelsea have been on red alert as rumours persist about Radamel Falcao leaving Monaco after just months at the club.
Falcao was said to have been recruited under false pretences.
He signed a contract for 14 million euros. His salary may be cut in half because of the tax changes proposed by François Hollande’s government.
After scoring his second goal in two matches, the Colombian striker said that despite the rumours, he is happy to stay at Monaco.
Big-spending Monaco, owned by Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev, have splashed out about 150 million euros to bring in top players including Falcao.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russian rumour mill suggests Putin suffering poor health | euronews, world news
- 3Slovenia becomes 11th EU nation to approve gay marriage | euronews, world news
- 4[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 5Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 6Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8Why is Bulgaria the EU’s most unhappy country? | euronews, world news
- 9Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 10eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 11London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 12Exclusive: Tsipras promises meritocracy, transparency for Greece, urges Europe to put people first | euronews, world news
- 13Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’ | euronews, world news
- 14Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 15Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
- 16Manufacturing jihad – Nicolas Hénin explains what he learned about ISIL | euronews, the global conversation
- 17Romania left red-faced after France-Germany map gaffe | euronews, world news
- 18Which EU country has the biggest gender pay gap? | euronews, world news
- 19Putin’s secret plan to seize Crimea | euronews, world news
- 20How much sugar should you eat? | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 18:44 CET Terry signs Chelsea contract extension
- 18:16 CET Brazil defender Marquinhos extends PSG contract
- 17:46 CET QPR director Ferdinand fined for abusing official
- 17:43 CET We have the best defence in Europe, says Italy’s Bonucci
- 17:27 CET Barcelona plan academy in Denmark to find new Laudrups
- 17:27 CET Kane a talisman for young English players, Hodgson
- 16:28 CET Hodgson prepared for Lithuania, on paper at least
- 15:27 CET Canada’s Duhamel, Radford shatter Chinese dreams