Chelsea have been on red alert as rumours persist about Radamel Falcao leaving Monaco after just months at the club.
Falcao was said to have been recruited under false pretences.
He signed a contract for 14 million euros. His salary may be cut in half because of the tax changes proposed by François Hollande’s government.
After scoring his second goal in two matches, the Colombian striker said that despite the rumours, he is happy to stay at Monaco.
Big-spending Monaco, owned by Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev, have splashed out about 150 million euros to bring in top players including Falcao.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 8Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 9Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 10French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 19Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 20Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
Wires > Sport
- 01:08 CET Beijing awarded 2022 Winter Olympics
- 00:40 CET Brazil midfielder Fred tests positive for banned substance
- 23:52 CET Wie drops out as Pettersen sets pace at windy Turnberry
- 23:31 CET Mets land Cuban slugger Cespedes at trade deadline
- 23:10 CET Argentine exec in FIFA case pleads not guilty to U.S. charges
- 19:40 CET West Ham forward Valencia sustains ‘significant’ injury
- 19:28 CET Lambert leaves Liverpool to join West Brom
- 18:17 CET Bell steers England to victory, hosts take 2-1 Ashes lead