Chelsea have been on red alert as rumours persist about Radamel Falcao leaving Monaco after just months at the club.
Falcao was said to have been recruited under false pretences.
He signed a contract for 14 million euros. His salary may be cut in half because of the tax changes proposed by François Hollande’s government.
After scoring his second goal in two matches, the Colombian striker said that despite the rumours, he is happy to stay at Monaco.
Big-spending Monaco, owned by Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev, have splashed out about 150 million euros to bring in top players including Falcao.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Champions League: Holders Real Madrid get title defence off to winning start
- 2Euro2020: London and Munich go head to head for finals package
- 3Bayern Munich and Man City prepare for Champions League clash
- 4Historic day for Atletico in Madrid derby
- 5Born to run? How our genes affect our sporting talent
- 1Podemos: Spanish indignation in Brussels’ corridors of power | euronews, reporter
- 2Israel announces it will seize 400 acres in West Bank | euronews, world news
- 3Watch: Angry mob throw Ukraine MP into rubbish bin | euronews, world news
- 4Japan sounds bluefin warning, calls for 50% catch cut | euronews, world news
- 5Hoverbike on the horizon | euronews, hi-tech
- 6China executes eight Muslims convicted of terrorism | euronews, world news
- 73D printing: a driving force in design and engineering | euronews, hi-tech
- 8Ukraine accuses Russian aid convoy of stealing factory equipment | euronews, world news
- 9New car offers freedom for disabled drivers | euronews, hi-tech
- 10Young Yazidi girl escapes Islamic State kidnappers | euronews, world news
- 11Rise of the machines | euronews, futuris
- 12EU leaders name Donald Tusk European Council president | euronews, world news
- 13#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians | euronews, world news
- 14The business benefits of EU chemical regulation | euronews, business planet
- 15Turkish ferry makes high-speed final landing | euronews, no comment
- 16Risk of fresh ash cloud threatens European air travel | euronews, world news
- 17Canada sends hilarious barb to Russia over Ukraine ‘incursions’ | euronews, world news
- 18Iceland warns Europe’s airlines of possible volcanic eruption | euronews, world news
- 19Thousands of Catalans call for choice on split from Spain | euronews, world news
- 20Iceland puts on a show as two of its volcanoes spew out lava | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 16:11 CET Hungary name Dardai as interim coach
- 16:01 CET Ludogorets keeper Cvorovic out for three months after surgery
- 15:58 CET Birdie binge sends Indian Lahiri top of the leaderboard
- 15:41 CET France centre back Varane extends Real contract to 2020
- 15:36 CET Ricciardo targets podium ahead of improving Vettel
- 15:21 CET FIFA officials told to return watches handed out in Brazil
- 15:15 CET Different philosophy reason for Cardiff departure, says Solskjaer
- 15:13 CET McKinstry sacked as coach of Sierra Leone