Six people have been killed in a volcanic eruption in Indonesia.
Mount Rokatenda, on the tiny island of Palue in East Nusa Tenggara Province spewed ash and rocks into the air over the weekend leaving four adults and two children dead.
The volcano, 2000km east of the capital Jakarta, has been active since last October.
Nearly 3000 people have been evacuated from the area.
There are 129 active volcanoes in Indonesia.
An earthquake measuring 6.3 on the Richter scale has also hit the country this weekend. It jolted the Maluku islands but there have been no reports of damage or fatalities.
Indonesia lies on the Pacific “Ring of Fire” where tectonic plates collide, causing frequent seismic and volcanic activity.
- 1Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 2Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 3Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 4Saakashvili warns of Odessa region’s importance to Ukraine
- 5Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 5Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 11Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 12‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 15Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 16Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 17Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 18Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek banks, stock exchange will not open on Monday, Tsipras announces
Wires > News
- 10:02 CET Singaporean blogger sentenced to jail time already served
- 09:42 CET China stresses nationalism in war anniversary propaganda push
- 08:40 CET Italian police arrest Moroccan in anti-jihadism sweep
- 06:15 CET Rivals Pakistan, India to start process of joining China security…
- 05:47 CET Pope comes ‘home’ to South America to defend planet and the poor
- 05:37 CET Philippines confirms second MERS case
- 04:20 CET Heavy fighting as Iraqi forces try to surround Falluja
- 01:25 CET Two attacks in central Nigerian city of Jos – witnesses