11/08/13 08:48 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Hundreds of people gathered in Miami in Florida in support of an 18-year-old graffiti artist, killed by a police stun gun.
Israel Hernandez-Llach died after police tasered him as he ran away from spray-painting a wall of a disused building.
He had sprayed an ‘R’ – the first letter of his artist name, Reefa – when police saw him and gave chase on Tuesday.
Hernandez-Llach was an award-winning artist, known in the area for his paintings, sculptures and photography.
- 1Groundbreaking study sheds light on Neanderthal life
- 2Germany: #Cutesolidarity response to Kinder chocolate controversy
- 3In the EU ‘one in three deaths of under-75s is avoidable,’ says Eurostat
- 4Germany’s carrot and stick approach to refugee integration
- 5Hero’s welcome for Ukraine pilot Nadiya Savchenko after Russia prisoner swap
Wires > News
- 10:14 CET Singapore charges six Bangladeshi men for terrorism financing
- 09:32 CET “Barking mad” Trump looms over Australian election campaign
- 09:26 CET G7 vows growth efforts as Japan’s Abe warns of global ‘crisis’
- 09:11 CET Speedboat crash kills three foreigners in Thailand – police
- 08:43 CET Insight – How a 26-year-old Ukrainian took on Odessa’s customs…
- 08:39 CET Australian TV station sacks producer over Lebanon child recovery…
- 07:18 CET Korean Air evacuates plane at Japan’s Haneda airport after engine…
- 07:17 CET China faces headaches from warming Vietnam-U.S. ties