10/08/13 18:15 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
At least 50 people have been killed and around 140 others injured by a series of car bombs in the Iraqi capital.
The explosions went off in markets and busy shopping streets in mainly Shi’ite areas of Baghdad.
Another car bomb attack in Tuz Khurmato, some 170 kilometres north of Baghdad, left ten people dead and 45 others hurt.
Wires > News
- 03:19 CET Leader of Western Sahara independence movement dies after illness
- 02:27 CET Four dead in collapse at South Korea subway construction site
- 02:08 CET Japan PM to postpone sales tax rise, snap election off table for…
- 01:41 CET Airbus says EgyptAir strengthens case for ejectable ‘black boxes’
- 01:32 CET As Beijing flexes muscles in South China Sea, Malaysia eyes harder…
- 01:18 CET Combative Trump says he raised $5.6 million for vets, bashes media
- 23:58 CET UAE frees Canadian man acquitted of militancy, set to leave Weds
- 23:01 CET Philippines president-elect says won’t rely on United States