The US smartphone giant, Apple, has won a key case in a long running patent war against rival Samsung.
The US International Trade Commission upheld a 2011 decision that South Korea’s Samsung infringed Apple patents when producing mobile phones, media players and tablets.
The Commission has ordered a ban on imports of Samsung devices affected by the ruling.
Samsung said it was disappointed at the decision.
The ban is now on hold while US President Barack Obama reviews the decision within the next six months.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 3Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 4Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 5British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 6Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 7Algeria: ISIL offshoot releases video threatening French hostage Hervé Gourdel | euronews, world news
- 8International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 9Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 10European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 11Emma Watson threatened with naked photos leak after UN equality speech | euronews, world news
- 12How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 13Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 14Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 15Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 16euronews speaks to Ban Ki-moon ahead of key UN and climate change talks | euronews, the global conversation
- 17Mike Tyson: ‘You learn humbleness when you get older in life’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 18US delivers technical aid to Ukraine but warns over security | euronews, world news
- 19euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 20Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
Wires > Business
- 07:42 CET Hyundai Motor third-quarter profit falls on firmer currency…
- 07:37 CET Novartis reports positive results in spinal inflammation condition
- 07:34 CET Honda recalls new Fit hybrid for fifth time in Japan
- 07:26 CET Nokia beats market expectations in third quarter
- 07:21 CET Safran says third-quarter revenue rises 6.8 percent
- 07:19 CET Hyundai Motor third-quarter profit down 29 percent, misses…
- 07:18 CET Hyundai Motor third-quarter profit down 29 percent, misses…
- 07:15 CET Credit Suisse third-quarter profit beats views, outlook cautious