The US smartphone giant, Apple, has won a key case in a long running patent war against rival Samsung.
The US International Trade Commission upheld a 2011 decision that South Korea’s Samsung infringed Apple patents when producing mobile phones, media players and tablets.
The Commission has ordered a ban on imports of Samsung devices affected by the ruling.
Samsung said it was disappointed at the decision.
The ban is now on hold while US President Barack Obama reviews the decision within the next six months.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Air France strike is latest turbulence among Europe’s airlines
- 2Taxi battle: traditional cabbies take on car-sharing service Uber
- 3Hungary’s healthfood king takes his sugarfree, low carb company public
- 4Gold slides as Fed indications push dollar higher
- 5Irish economy continues to perk up, year-on-year GDP growth hits 7.7%
- 1Podemos: Spanish indignation in Brussels’ corridors of power | euronews, reporter
- 2Israel announces it will seize 400 acres in West Bank | euronews, world news
- 3Watch: Angry mob throw Ukraine MP into rubbish bin | euronews, world news
- 4Hoverbike on the horizon | euronews, hi-tech
- 5Japan sounds bluefin warning, calls for 50% catch cut | euronews, world news
- 6China executes eight Muslims convicted of terrorism | euronews, world news
- 7New car offers freedom for disabled drivers | euronews, hi-tech
- 83D printing: a driving force in design and engineering | euronews, hi-tech
- 9Ukraine accuses Russian aid convoy of stealing factory equipment | euronews, world news
- 10Rise of the machines | euronews, futuris
- 11Young Yazidi girl escapes Islamic State kidnappers | euronews, world news
- 12EU leaders name Donald Tusk European Council president | euronews, world news
- 13#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians | euronews, world news
- 14The business benefits of EU chemical regulation | euronews, business planet
- 15#Indyref Live: Scotland votes on independence from UK | euronews, world news
- 16Risk of fresh ash cloud threatens European air travel | euronews, world news
- 17Canada sends hilarious barb to Russia over Ukraine ‘incursions’ | euronews, world news
- 18Thousands of Catalans call for choice on split from Spain | euronews, world news
- 19Iceland puts on a show as two of its volcanoes spew out lava | euronews, world news
- 20Marine Le Pen criticises France’s decision to halt Mistral warship sale to Russia | euronews, world news
Wires > Business
- 15:15 CET EU mulls tapping unused rescue funds to boost investment – paper
- 14:50 CET Air France pilots extend strike until Sept. 26
- 12:50 CET Air France pilots vote to extend strike until Sept. 26
- 12:37 CET As G20 chases growth goal, members differ on how to get there
- 08:22 CET Exclusive – Hyundai directors kept in dark on size of $10 billion…
- 07:10 CET As G20 chases growth goal, members differ on how to get there
- 02:47 CET California bill would help protect franchisee business investments
- 02:32 CET Ernst & Young in tentative deal in Canada on Sino-Forest audit