Uruguay forward Luis Suarez still hopes to reach a “friendly” resolution with Liverpool, despite angering manager Brendan Rodgers last week after going public with his belief that the club breached his contract by refusing to sell him.
The controversial striker, who has been forced to train alone ahead of the new season, claims that a release clause written into his contract allowed him to leave if Liverpool failed to reach this year’s Champions League.
Suarez scored 29 goals for Liverpool last season as the club finished seventh in the Premier League, 28 points behind champions Manchester United.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 10Latest News Bulletin
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
Wires > Sport
- 23:32 CET PSG beat Lyon to win third successive Trophy of Champions
- 22:40 CET Pole Wlodarczyk sets hammer world record
- 22:35 CET South African Sexwale may run for FIFA presidency
- 22:10 CET Korean Ko and Taiwanese Lu share Turnberry lead
- 20:09 CET Beaten Man City let in four goals in Stuttgart friendly
- 18:59 CET ‘Shocked’ Rudisha beaten in trials for world championships
- 18:39 CET Nadal eases past Seppi to reach Hamburg final
- 17:42 CET Adam Yates wins Clasica San Sebastian