Uruguay forward Luis Suarez still hopes to reach a “friendly” resolution with Liverpool, despite angering manager Brendan Rodgers last week after going public with his belief that the club breached his contract by refusing to sell him.
The controversial striker, who has been forced to train alone ahead of the new season, claims that a release clause written into his contract allowed him to leave if Liverpool failed to reach this year’s Champions League.
Suarez scored 29 goals for Liverpool last season as the club finished seventh in the Premier League, 28 points behind champions Manchester United.
Wires > Sport
- 23:58 CET Vollmer shows heart in another inspiring bid
- 23:40 CET America’s Tori Bowie runs fastest 100m of 2016 in Doha
- 23:35 CET Kentucky Derby, where revenue flows like aged Bourbon
- 23:22 CET Italy’s Verratti to miss Euro 2016, undergo surgery – PSG
- 23:16 CET In New York harbour, a demonstration of the America’s Cup on a…
- 21:36 CET -New meets offer alternatives to Europe in Games run-up
- 21:30 CET Kipchoge heads Kenya’s Rio marathon squad but record holder…
- 20:58 CET Berlusconi says would prefer Italian buyer for AC Milan