A Japanese space cargo transporter has arrived at the International Space Station. It was launched into space by a rocket that blasted off from Japan on Sunday. It is carrying close to five and half thousand kilos of supplies and equipment including the first talking humanoid robot.
The mission of the robot Kirobo, which only speaks Japanese and measures 34cm , is to be a companion to Japanese astronaut Koichi Wakata onboard the International Space Station.
The project was developed by advertising company Dentsu, auto giant Toyota and the robot’s creator, Tomotaka Takahashi, at the University of Tokyo’s Research Centre for Advanced Science and Technology.
- 1Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 2Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 3Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 4Saakashvili warns of Odessa region’s importance to Ukraine
- 5Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 5Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 10Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 13Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 16Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 17Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 18Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
Wires > News
- 14:53 CET Quake of 6.2 magnitude hits near Tonga – USGS
- 14:45 CET Insight – Tensions with Russia could prompt NATO strategy rethink
- 14:40 CET Gaza children ‘emotionally shattered’ one year after conflict
- 14:07 CET Egypt arrests Brotherhood members for alleged Suez plot – security…
- 13:36 CET Pakistani gunmen kill three in attack blamed on Islamist groups
- 13:27 CET Hungary passes law to tighten asylum rules
- 13:08 CET Suspected Islamist militants kill 44 in central Nigeria city Jos
- 12:40 CET Islamic State regains town near Syria’s Raqqa after air strikes -…