French hurdler Alice Decaux has been provisionally suspended after testing positive for a banned substance.
The 28 year old, who finished second in the 100m hurdles at the French championships, was notified of the positive reading three weeks ago, and was excluded from the French team ahead of the World Championships which get underway in Moscow on Saturday.
Decaux, who came fourth in the Gateshead 100m hurdles in an impressive time of 12.94 seconds, now faces a two-year ban.
- 1Champions League: Bayern Munich v Atletico Madrid preview
- 2Champions League preview: Atletico Madrid v Bayern Munich
- 3Leicester City win Premier League after Tottenham draw with Chelsea
- 4Colombia’s Nairo Quintana bumped up on podium in Tour de Romandie
- 5The world’s greatest goalscorer – remembering Hungary’s Ferenc Puskas
Wires > Sport
- 10:24 CET Adidas to close Neo stores in Europe
- 10:18 CET Adidas seeks buyer for golf business to focus on shoes, clothing
- 09:22 CET Ranieri puts hefty price tag on title-winning Foxes
- 09:02 CET Folau looking forward to England, not back to World Cup
- 08:37 CET Liverpool’s Can back in training ahead of Europa clash
- 05:44 CET China sports ministry hauled on the carpet over graft measures
- 05:36 CET Renegades may bring back Gayle despite ‘don’t blush’ furore
- 04:07 CET Australia’s Tomic slammed for match point ‘tank’