Britain’s monetary policymakers have decided to play safe. Despite recent signs indicating the country is ready for recovery, recently appointed governor Mark Carney promised to keep interest rates low as long as unemployment remains high.
Apple and Samsung are at odds with each other yet again. Though, this time, the patent war that has been waged for more than two years could turn “geopolitical”, as an intervention by the Obama administration in favour of Cupertino prompted a strong reaction from the South Korean government.
Also in the US, there was big news – for news! The Washington Post newspaper, a legend of print media worldwide, has been acquired by an Internet pioneer – Amazon founder Jeff Bezos. Was the billionaire looking for a new hobby or is there a hidden agenda behind the move?
We discuss the week’s top stories with Bloomberg’s Jonathan Ferro in this edition of Business Weekly.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Why World Elephant Day matters
- 7Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 8Latest News Bulletin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 11Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 19International news | euronews, latest international news
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > Business
- 20:47 CET U.S. sanctions against Chinese firms could be next week – FT
- 19:20 CET Prada tries to renegotiate Hong Kong shop rents amid China slowdown
- 19:17 CET UniCredit CEO says no numbers yet on potential lay-offs
- 18:29 CET EU regulators consult on compromise in derivatives spat with U.S.
- 18:22 CET Exclusive – Charterhouse dials up Deutsche to sell French call…
- 18:15 CET With abundant energy, Iceland woos power-hungry data centers
- 18:03 CET Bank of Ireland CEO eyes early preference share redemption
- 18:01 CET FTSE has biggest one-day gain in a week, buoyed by ECB policy…