The draw for the Champions League play-off round took place in Switzerland on Friday with seven-times champions AC Milan handed a tricky tie against PSV Eindhoven.
The Dutch side, now led by former Barcelona midfielder Phillip Cocu, have recently boosted their ranks with the signings of defender Jeffrey Bruma and Park Ji-Sung while the Rossoneris are reportedly continuing their efforts to try and lure either Japan’s Keisuke Honda or Fiorentina playmaker Adem Ljajic.
Elsewhere, the Gunners of Arsenal, back in the Champions League play-off for the sixth time in eight seasons, will lock horns with Turkish side Fenerbahce while Celtic will face a long journey to Central Asia after they were pitted against Kazakhstan champions Shakhter Karangandy.
The first leg kicks off on August 20.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
Wires > Sport
- 18:08 CET Arsenal get morale-boosting win over Chelsea
- 17:57 CET Italy’s Berlusconi agrees AC Milan stake sale to by end Sept
- 17:34 CET Jorgensen wins 12th race in a row in Rio
- 17:29 CET Swede Sjostrom sets world record in 100m butterfly
- 17:25 CET Ervine’s maiden ton leads Zimbabwe to rare win
- 17:06 CET Athletics roiled by mass doping allegations after leak
- 16:22 CET Nadal claims 67th career title with Hamburg Open victory
- 15:57 CET ‘Frisbee’ comes of age, earns Olympic recognition