09/08/13 18:54 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
The draw for the Champions League play-off round took place in Switzerland on Friday with seven-times champions AC Milan handed a tricky tie against PSV Eindhoven.
The Dutch side, now led by former Barcelona midfielder Phillip Cocu, have recently boosted their ranks with the signings of defender Jeffrey Bruma and Park Ji-Sung while the Rossoneris are reportedly continuing their efforts to try and lure either Japan’s Keisuke Honda or Fiorentina playmaker Adem Ljajic.
Elsewhere, the Gunners of Arsenal, back in the Champions League play-off for the sixth time in eight seasons, will lock horns with Turkish side Fenerbahce while Celtic will face a long journey to Central Asia after they were pitted against Kazakhstan champions Shakhter Karangandy.
The first leg kicks off on August 20.
- 1Champions League: Bayern Munich v Atletico Madrid preview
- 2Champions League preview: Atletico Madrid v Bayern Munich
- 3Leicester City win Premier League after Tottenham draw with Chelsea
- 4Champions League: Real Madrid v Man City preview
- 5Colombia’s Nairo Quintana bumped up on podium in Tour de Romandie
Real Madrid to face city rivals Atletico Madrid in Champions League final
UCI use iPad to detect mechanical doping
NBA playoffs: Golden State extend lead against Trailblazers
No surprise in Atletico reaching Champions League final – Simeone
Kosovo and Florence Hardouin enjoy landmark votes at UEFA congress
Wires > Sport
- 04:08 CET Goromaru dropped from Reds squad for Crusaders clash
- 01:44 CET Laughing Khan aims verbal jab at Trump
- 01:39 CET Brilliant Bale helps Real tame Man City to reach final
- 00:43 CET Furyk back from injury as McIlroy defends at Quail Hollow
- 23:30 CET Skipping Rio does not mean abandoning Australia, says Scott
- 22:51 CET Family, friends help Spieth process Masters meltdown
- 20:53 CET Patience rewarded with Olympic berth
- 20:10 CET Azarenka pulls out of Madrid Open with back injury