The draw for the Champions League play-off round took place in Switzerland on Friday with seven-times champions AC Milan handed a tricky tie against PSV Eindhoven.
The Dutch side, now led by former Barcelona midfielder Phillip Cocu, have recently boosted their ranks with the signings of defender Jeffrey Bruma and Park Ji-Sung while the Rossoneris are reportedly continuing their efforts to try and lure either Japan’s Keisuke Honda or Fiorentina playmaker Adem Ljajic.
Elsewhere, the Gunners of Arsenal, back in the Champions League play-off for the sixth time in eight seasons, will lock horns with Turkish side Fenerbahce while Celtic will face a long journey to Central Asia after they were pitted against Kazakhstan champions Shakhter Karangandy.
The first leg kicks off on August 20.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 8[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 9Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 10NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 12‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 13Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 14Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 15Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 16Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 17Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 18Greek banks, stock exchange will not open on Monday, Tsipras announces
- 19Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 20Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
Wires > Sport
- 22:19 CET Martinez to take over as Spain Davis Cup captain
- 21:29 CET Alonso ends miserable run with a point at last
- 19:46 CET Wiesberger wins in Paris after storm delay
- 15:53 CET French, German presidents tried to influence World Cup votes -…
- 15:26 CET I am teetotal to ward off depression, Flintoff says
- 15:19 CET Roberto Carlos joins Delhi team in Indian league
- 14:29 CET Argentina’s search for elusive final key continues
- 14:17 CET Williamses renew rivalry as little sister eyes Serena Slam