Moscow is full of surprises and even one year is not enough to get to know all its treasures. And there are many perspectives from which to see the city. For instance, if you want to delve (literally) deeper into the history of the Moscow metro visit the stations constructed recently, such as Rimsakya, which means ‘Rome’ in Russian. There you will see statues of the Eternal City’s legendary founders Romulus and Remus. Natalia Leonova organises excursions around the mystic metro, showing visitors all the attractions including a statue of a Russian border guard dog, which she believes resembles Cerberus, the guard of Hades and king of the underworld.
Such unusual excursions have became really popular in Moscow recently. Aleksis Chernorechensky organises free tours combined with visits to theatre performances.
Maybe one day he and his customers will climb the roof of the famous skyscraper that featured in our story.
Incidently, that skyscraper is an apartment building. It has appeared in a very famous Soviet-era movie, “Moscow Does Not Believe in Tears,” directed by Vladimir Menshov. Now everyone in Russia knows this particular skyscraper better than the others vying to dominating the capital’s skyline.
If you’re visiting this landmark you might get lucky and meet one of its famous inhabitants. I remember when I first came to Moscow as a student I met a movie star there!
Alas, during the filming of our story we weren’t so fortunate – we didn’t run into one celebrity: However, on the upside, we did get to meet a Moscow that I had never seen before, even though I spent more than 15 years in this wonderful, magical city.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 10Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 11Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 14Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 18Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place