Moscow is full of surprises and even one year is not enough to get to know all its treasures. And there are many perspectives from which to see the city. For instance, if you want to delve (literally) deeper into the history of the Moscow metro visit the stations constructed recently, such as Rimsakya, which means ‘Rome’ in Russian. There you will see statues of the Eternal City’s legendary founders Romulus and Remus. Natalia Leonova organises excursions around the mystic metro, showing visitors all the attractions including a statue of a Russian border guard dog, which she believes resembles Cerberus, the guard of Hades and king of the underworld.
Such unusual excursions have became really popular in Moscow recently. Aleksis Chernorechensky organises free tours combined with visits to theatre performances.
Maybe one day he and his customers will climb the roof of the famous skyscraper that featured in our story.
Incidently, that skyscraper is an apartment building. It has appeared in a very famous Soviet-era movie, “Moscow Does Not Believe in Tears,” directed by Vladimir Menshov. Now everyone in Russia knows this particular skyscraper better than the others vying to dominating the capital’s skyline.
If you’re visiting this landmark you might get lucky and meet one of its famous inhabitants. I remember when I first came to Moscow as a student I met a movie star there!
Alas, during the filming of our story we weren’t so fortunate – we didn’t run into one celebrity: However, on the upside, we did get to meet a Moscow that I had never seen before, even though I spent more than 15 years in this wonderful, magical city.
Copyright © 2015 euronewsMore about:
- 1Vincent Van Gogh to come back to life thanks to Oscar-winning animation studio
- 2French fashion “enfant terrible” Jean-Paul Gaultier has fun in Paris
- 3‘Shaun The Sheep’ explores the esoteric and focuses on appreciating what you have
- 4EVS: My Armenia experience
- 5Art, nature and tradition in perfect balance in the Seto Inland Sea
- 1Art, nature and tradition in perfect balance in the Seto Inland Sea
- 2‘Shaun The Sheep’ explores the esoteric and focuses on appreciating what you have
- 3Fashion photographer David LaChapelle opens show in Lima
- 4Vincent Van Gogh to come back to life thanks to Oscar-winning animation studio
- 5Getting to know Sir Tony and “the world’s greatest tenor”
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2The power of the pen: Cartoonists worldwide react to the Charlie Hebdo attack | euronews, world news
- 3Immigration, racism in sport and the rise of extremism – Cantona shares his views | euronews, interview
- 4[LIVE] 12 dead after gun attack at French satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo | euronews, world news
- 5[LIVE NOW] Massive unity rally in Paris, with similar marches in other French cities | euronews, world news
- 6[LIVE] Second hostage crisis erupts in Paris as police close in on Charlie Hebdo suspects | euronews, world news
- 7Muslim groups fear backlash after terrorist attacks in Paris | euronews, news
- 8“ISIL is the baby of George W Bush” | euronews, news
- 9Medieval Bruges is to get its own underground beer pipeline | euronews, world news
- 10Almost four million turn out for unity rallies across France | euronews, world news
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 13Key questions around the Charlie Hebdo killings go unanswered | euronews, world news
- 14eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 15A defiant Charlie Hebdo: it’s not the front page the terrorists would’ve wanted | euronews, world news
- 16HarperCollins wipes Israel off the map | euronews, world news
- 17NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 18Getting to know Sir Tony and “the world’s greatest tenor” | euronews, musica
- 19Charlie Hebdo: Israeli paper deletes women from Paris march | euronews, world news
- 20International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin