A Japanese rocket – bound for the International Space Station – has blasted off with a very special onboard. It is not only carrying supplies, but a talking humanoid robot as well.
Kirobo is the first piece of technology of its kind to visit the floating laboratory.
The mission of the robot, which has a double called the Mirata, is to be a companion for a Japanese astronaut aboard the space station.
Kirobo speaks Japanese, records conversations and will play a role in some missions.
It is hoped the robot’s out of this world experience will open up a new chapter in space communication.
- 1Saakashvili warns of Odessa region’s importance to Ukraine
- 2Greece: with referendum looming ‘Yes’ vote ahead, opinion poll suggests
- 3Finland tops European countries in latest happiness survey
- 4Thousands rally in France in support of Greek “no” vote
- 5Tsipras: ‘no’ vote will mean a better deal with lenders
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 8[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 9Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 10Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 13NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 15Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
Wires > News
- 00:35 CET Yemen’s Houthis attack Saudi Arabia’s Najran and Jizan
- 00:19 CET At least 25 Syrian al Qaeda members dead in mosque blast in…
- 00:15 CET Rockets land in Israel, Egypt’s IS affiliate claims responsibility
- 00:12 CET Car bombs explode in Libya’s Derma, at least six killed
- 23:26 CET Top choice blocked for U.N. digital privacy investigator post
- 23:11 CET Catholic Church should not have ‘leaders for life’, Pope says
- 23:00 CET Turkey’s Erdogan moots possibility of snap election
- 22:58 CET Suspected Boko Haram insurgents step up attacks in Nigeria