The first freight train from the eastern Chinese city of Zhengzdou has arrived in Hamburg, Germany.
It covered more than 10-thousand kilometres in just 15 days – halving the normal travel time by sea.
Officials say heavy cargo that cannot be transported by air, car parts and electronics will benefit from the new service.
It is hoped the transport link will lead to even stronger trade ties between the two cities.
Afficher Zhengzdou -Hamburg train sur une carte plus grande
- 1Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 2What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 3Lionel Messi retires from international football
- 4Paris and Berlin agree on a strategy following Britain’s shock exit vote
- 5Iceland’s new President Gudni Johannesson off to France for the football
Latest world news
US college basketball loses coaching legend: Pat Summitt dies, aged 64
IKEA recalls millions of chests and dressers following link to children’s deaths
France: deadly fire engulfs chemical plant near Lyon
Dozens are killed and wounded in multiple suicide bomb attacks on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport
Thousands protest in France as Senate approves controversial labour law
Wires > News
- 01:19 CET Dutch PM Rutte wants ‘binding’ assurances over EU’s Ukraine deal
- 01:18 CET As Duterte takes over in Philippines, police killings stir fear
- 00:15 CET Italy, Netherlands propose split U.N. Security Council seat for…
- 00:12 CET Clinton leads Trump by 11 points in U.S. presidential race -…
- 00:09 CET Canada presses China over reports of Hong Kong visa clamp down
- 23:44 CET Exclusive – Trump supporters more likely to view blacks…
- 23:11 CET Women subjected to torture by Mexican police, armed forces – report
- 23:01 CET Emergency call log details horror of Orlando nightclub shooting