Fire crews in Buenos Aires were called to a blaze on Wednesday which swept across an ecological reserve not far from the city’s political and financial centre.
At least eight crews fought to bring the flames under control which raged more than 10 metres into the air.
The reserve which is considered the lung of Argentina’s capital with its green open spaces and lush vegetation, is home to a variety of wildlife including lizards, snakes and turtles.
It is not clear how much of the park has been destroyed. No injuries were reported.
- 1Obama unveils US plan to cut carbon emissions
- 2Spain heading for constitutional tension as Catalonia calls an early election
- 3Ukrainians protest against a planned “buffer zone”
- 4Handling of a child sex abuse complaint against a former British prime minister to be investigated.
- 5Fatal floods batter India, Myanmar, Pakistan, Vietnam and Nepal
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 13Latest News Bulletin
- 14Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
Latest world news
Dramatic footage of road collapse as deadly rain storms hit Asia
More Stock Exchange losses in Greece as banking shares plunge
Yemen conflict: Hadi loyalists seize largest military base from Houthis
Pakistan hangs ‘teen’ convict despite protests from rights groups
ASEAN foreign ministers set to discuss South China Sea tensions
Wires > News
- 13:26 CET U.N. envoy to Yemen says warring parties increasingly open to…
- 13:24 CET China detains seven Christians opposed to cross demolition
- 13:23 CET Judge throws out fraud case against South African firebrand Malema
- 13:20 CET Southeast Asian nations back halt to land reclamation in South…
- 12:53 CET South Africa’s Tutu discharged from hospital after recurring…
- 12:42 CET Top German prosecutor accuses Berlin of interfering in treason…
- 12:42 CET Pakistan hangs man lawyers say was a child when charged with murder
- 12:40 CET Insight – The ‘Jungle’ migrants of Calais: a day in the life