Fire crews in Buenos Aires were called to a blaze on Wednesday which swept across an ecological reserve not far from the city’s political and financial centre.
At least eight crews fought to bring the flames under control which raged more than 10 metres into the air.
The reserve which is considered the lung of Argentina’s capital with its green open spaces and lush vegetation, is home to a variety of wildlife including lizards, snakes and turtles.
It is not clear how much of the park has been destroyed. No injuries were reported.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 2Ukraine as it happened: Pro-Russian freeze Ukrainian army operation in Kramatorsk
- 3Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 4Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 5Russian PM Dmitry Medvedev says Ukraine on ‘brink of civil war’
- 1Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 2Mind-bending vending machine dispenses marijuana
- 3Ukrainian troops begin ‘anti-terror operation’ in eastern city Kramatorsk
- 4Deadly bomb attack in Abuja is blamed on Boko Haram
- 5Divisions widen in Ukraine as Kyiv is urged to rein in pro-Russian separatists
Wires > News
- 00:09 CET Nigerian military says most of abducted schoolgirls freed, eight…
- 23:19 CET Nigerian military says most of abducted schoolgirls freed
- 23:03 CET Afghan women stand to be counted as West begins to disengage
- 22:31 CET Mexico captures senior drug boss operating in Mexico City
- 22:27 CET Saudi authorities detain activist after court appearance – wife
- 21:09 CET Yemen’s al Qaeda leader vows to attack America in new video
- 21:05 CET Syrian opposition accuses Assad’s forces of new poison gas attack
- 21:04 CET Algerian police break up anti-government protest before election