Kick-Ass, Hit Girl and friends are back on the big screen for the follow-up to 2010’s global hit.
The leading man Aaron Taylor-Johnson, was at Comic-Con in San Diego promoting the movie without co-star Jim Carrey, who refused to support the film because of its intense violence.
Aaron Taylor-Johnson is backing the film without any problem, he said: “You have fun doing that stuff. There’s tons of fighting. We’ve got a bunch of new actors, superheroes – Jim Carrey, Donald Faison – they’ve really hyped up, ramped up. Yeah, these characters go on such a wild journey and they really try to discover themselves in this mad kind of fantasy of dress-up land. But it’s violent.”
Jim Carrey, who plays Colonel Stars and Stripes, tweeted to his 10 million followers last month, that he could not “support that level of violence” after the December 2012 Sandy Hook elementary school shooting.
Taylor-Johnson says he hasn’t spoken with the veteran comic actor since Carrey’s tweet, but respects his point of view.
He said: “Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. But it’s sad he’s not here. Because you know what, he’s such a fantastic guy with major ideas. He brought so much to the table. Like even the prosthetics — he made himself look like the character from the comic book. That was all him. He’s a really great character actor with a bunch of energy.”
‘Kick-Ass 2’ starts its worldwide release on August 14.