Now Reading:

Troicki vows to appeal


Troicki vows to appeal


Serbia’s Viktor Troicki has vowed to appeal against his 18-month ban from tennis for refusing to provide a blood sample for a drug test at this year’s Monte Carlo Masters.

The 27 year old, who broke an anti-doping rule in April by providing a urine sample but not a blood sample, told journalists on Friday he was simply misled and insists he has no problem with the current regulations.

Troicki added he had been assured by the doping control officer at the event that it would be acceptable to not provide blood because he had not been feeling well that day.

Competing at the Croatia Open this week, Troicki was stunned by Tommy Robredo in the second round and was still in the doubles event when the verdict was announced. He has since decided to withdraw from the tournament.

Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.

Next Article