Eight Afghan civilians employed by a US military base have been shot dead.
Local officials blamed the Taliban although no-one has yet claimed responsibility. The Taliban have vowed to increase their attacks during Ramadan.
The workers were on their way to Camp Shank in the Logar region, south of Kabul. They were forced out their cars at gunpoint, and taken to a nearby village where they were shot in the head one by one. Their bodies were found blindfolded.
A local government spokesperson described them as “poor and ordinary civilian workers.”
Many local Afghans are hired to work on construction projects and as cleaners at US and NATO bases across the country.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 2Ukraine as it happened: Pro-Russian freeze Ukrainian army operation in Kramatorsk
- 3Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 4Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 5Russian PM Dmitry Medvedev says Ukraine on ‘brink of civil war’
Wires > News
- 07:35 CET Hundreds still missing in deadly Korea ferry accident
- 07:06 CET Reports of e-cigarette injury jump amid rising popularity, …
- 06:20 CET India starts biggest day of voting with Hindu nationalists gaining…
- 05:20 CET China releases blogger on bail, jails another amid rumour crackdown
- 03:49 CET Dengue outbreak at Australian detention centre sparks fresh…
- 02:43 CET Algeria’s Bouteflika poised to win re-election
- 02:13 CET Obama, Abe to battle negative images at U.S.-Japan summit
- 01:57 CET U.S. calls for more investment-friendly Indian government