At least 18 people were killed when a lorry collided with a bus in a Moscow suburb on Saturday. Another 25 people were injured, many of whom are in hospital with serious injuries, say Russian authorities.
Several other vehicles were caught up in the accident near Oznobishino, about 40 kilometres south of the city centre.
A video filmed from a passing car appears to show the bus being struck from the side by another vehicle.
Police believe the lorry, which was carrying gravel, failed to give way and turned onto the main road. They say it ploughed into the bus which is said to have had around 50 people on board.
Officials say the truck driver had a history of causing accidents, being responsible for at least six.
Russia has one of the worst road safety records in the world, with 28,000 deaths recorded in 2012.
- 1Putin adds diplomatic strand to bolster Syrian air strikes
- 2Russian cruise missiles strikes prompt global aviation officials to issue safety alerts
- 3Russia tries to reassure Saudi Arabia over Syria air strikes
- 4Iraqi military claims to have killed several senior ISIL members including leader al – Baghdadi
- 5Belarus election: Lukashenko wins landslide of more than 80 percent – exit polls
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 3Latest News Bulletin
- 4At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 5Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 6[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 7International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 8Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 9International news | euronews, latest international news
- 10Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 11Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 12Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 13Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 14Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 15Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 16Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 17Hungary’s army can shoot rubber bullets and tear gas at refugees
- 18Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 19Catalan president Artur Mas charged with organising illegal independence referendum
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
Latest world news
Flight MH17: was shot down by a BUK missile fired from Eastern Ukraine – Dutch report
At least 5 dead, 20 wounded in “Day of Rage” in Israel
YPG militia alliance set to attack ISIL stronghold Raqqa “within weeks”
Iran’s parliament backs nuclear deal
Japanese tug-of-war over the fate of Okinawa US air base
Wires > News
- 13:36 CET Lake Chad’s swampy borderlands a ‘war zone’, U.N. agency says
- 13:34 CET Four killed in Bosnian mine collapse
- 13:24 CET Former senior China energy executive jailed for 20 years for graft
- 13:12 CET Hunger crisis hits northern Mali amid insecurity, violence – U.N.
- 13:01 CET Rising salinity threatens Bangladesh’s coastal communities –…
- 12:54 CET China detains 11 after trash incinerator protest sparks riot
- 12:33 CET EU migrant arrivals 170,000 in Sept – Frontex
- 12:24 CET Myanmar may postpone landmark November poll due to floods