13/07/13 15:45 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
At least 18 people were killed when a lorry collided with a bus in a Moscow suburb on Saturday. Another 25 people were injured, many of whom are in hospital with serious injuries, say Russian authorities.
Several other vehicles were caught up in the accident near Oznobishino, about 40 kilometres south of the city centre.
A video filmed from a passing car appears to show the bus being struck from the side by another vehicle.
Police believe the lorry, which was carrying gravel, failed to give way and turned onto the main road. They say it ploughed into the bus which is said to have had around 50 people on board.
Officials say the truck driver had a history of causing accidents, being responsible for at least six.
Russia has one of the worst road safety records in the world, with 28,000 deaths recorded in 2012.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Most Istanbul blast victims ‘were German’, says Turkey
- 4Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 5Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 6Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 7Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 8Partnering to grow Europe
- 9Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 10Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 11Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 12‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 13Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium
- 15Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 16Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 17Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 18account : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 20Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
Latest world news
Diplomatic row at the UN highlights the difficulties for peace in Syria
Fears that Zika virus could be linked to rare nerve disorder
Fatal crane collapse in New York City
Taiwan: Multiple buildings collapse after a 6.4 magnitude earthquake
Catholic Saint Padre Pio’s remains begin journey to the Vatican
Wires > News
- 01:03 CET Quake fells Taiwan apartment tower, two reported killed so far
- 00:41 CET Pentagon releases photos tied to Afghan, Iraq detainee abuse
- 00:14 CET Despite Libya urgency, hurdles to quick action against Islamic…
- 00:12 CET Convicted al Qaeda supporter, U.S. face off in medical malpractice…
- 23:53 CET Exclusive – U.S. presidential hopefuls Sanders, Clinton in dead…
- 23:49 CET Guinea journalist killed in clashes between opposition factions
- 23:19 CET U.S., Britain eye letting spy agencies, police seek email, chat…
- 23:13 CET Anti-Nazi centre urges dismissal of Croatia’s culture minister