Slovakia’s Peter Sagan timed his sprint perfectly to clinch stage seven of the Tour de France in Albi on Friday.
The Cannondale rider looked in great shape and completed the 205km trek in an impressive time of 4 hours, 54 minutes and 12 seconds to edge out Germany’s John Degenkolb by a bike length.
Sagan, who was quick to praise his team’s hard work following the race, also won the day’s intermediate sprint and now leads the green jersey contest by 94 points from Germany’s Andre Greipel while Mark Cavendish is currently lying in third place, 11 points further back.
Current overall leader Daryl Impey finished safely to retain the yellow jersey, ahead of two potentially crucial days in the Pyrenees.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 8[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 9Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 10Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 13Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 14Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 15Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 16Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 17Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 18Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 19Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
- 20[Latest] AKP loses its majority as Kurdish party enter Turkish Parliament
Wires > Sport
- 12:29 CET Hamilton wraps up British practice with fastest lap
- 11:32 CET England bank on Bayliss to douse Australian fire
- 11:28 CET Highlanders beat Hurricanes to win first Super Rugby title
- 11:14 CET Boom to start Tour de France despite low cortisol levels
- 06:26 CET FIFA’s Webb charged in Cayman Island’s corruption case: media
- 04:42 CET USA pound hapless Guatemala 4-0 in friendly
- 04:16 CET Guerrero on target as Peru clinch Copa third place again
- 03:26 CET No Blatter, no problem say World Cup organisers