Slovakia’s Peter Sagan timed his sprint perfectly to clinch stage seven of the Tour de France in Albi on Friday.
The Cannondale rider looked in great shape and completed the 205km trek in an impressive time of 4 hours, 54 minutes and 12 seconds to edge out Germany’s John Degenkolb by a bike length.
Sagan, who was quick to praise his team’s hard work following the race, also won the day’s intermediate sprint and now leads the green jersey contest by 94 points from Germany’s Andre Greipel while Mark Cavendish is currently lying in third place, 11 points further back.
Current overall leader Daryl Impey finished safely to retain the yellow jersey, ahead of two potentially crucial days in the Pyrenees.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russian rumour mill suggests Putin suffering poor health | euronews, world news
- 3Slovenia becomes 11th EU nation to approve gay marriage | euronews, world news
- 4[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 5Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 6Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 9Why is Bulgaria the EU’s most unhappy country? | euronews, world news
- 10eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 11Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 12Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’ | euronews, world news
- 13Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 14Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
- 15London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 16International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 17French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 18Manufacturing jihad – Nicolas Hénin explains what he learned about ISIL | euronews, the global conversation
- 19Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 20Which EU country has the biggest gender pay gap? | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 15:51 CET England women’s goalkeeper faces violent conduct charge
- 15:37 CET Hanover without injured Sobiech for relegation battle
- 15:26 CET Steyn banned for five weeks after SANZAR appeal
- 15:25 CET Exclusive – Italy boss unhappy at UCI handling of Astana case
- 14:21 CET Southampton report first profits since 2009 crisis
- 14:06 CET More even split of Champions League funds to come
- 13:35 CET Johansson predicts easy win for old foe Blatter
- 10:53 CET Hamilton ready to sign on the dotted line