05/07/13 12:34 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Jean Paul Gaultier pounced back into top form with a feisty feline collection for Paris couture week, showing that despite a few off seasons, he still has several tricks up his sleeve.
The female panther was the inspiration of the show, which featured leopard print tights, amazing feather coats, black crepe dresses and even a pair of chaps inspired by a clown’s costume.
Meanwhile, Valentino’s autumn winter couture show was full of emotion and drama. Over the audience’s heads were animal heads and horns representing the Cabinets of Curiosities from Renaissance times that inspired this collection.
Designers Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli pulled off an eccentric and imaginative show with Oriental motifs and arabesque patterns fused with Scottish herringbone tweeds and Renaissance capes, alongside embroideries of lion’s heads, bees, beetles and dragonflies.
Elsewhere, Maison Martin Margiela called its show Artisanal and used materials such as latex and denim – a far cry from the usual haute couture fare of silk and organza.
The 19 outfits were organised into four different themes: ‘Ensemble du jour’; ‘Busts’; ‘Night’s bird’; and ‘Promo’s queen’.
But the most important features of this collection were the floral and printed masks worn by hooded models.
And Lebanese designer Elie Saab presented his show at the former stock market in Paris. Called ‘A Royal Affair’, it featured a series of opulent red carpet gowns in a palette of blood reds, blues and greens.
The highlight of the show was the bride’s dress – a silvery gown embroidered with smoked quartz, stones and crystals.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 7Turkey: Explosion hits Istanbul’s main tourist district
- 8Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 9Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Partnering to grow Europe
- 11Macedonian Postcards: The Mavrovo National Park
- 12Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 13Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 14Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 15Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium
- 16Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 18smart care - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 20Meet Bernie Sanders, the democratic socialist who wants to be US president
latest le mag news
Russia’s Pussy Riot mocks prosecutor general Yury Chaika in new video
Maverick fashion designer John Varvatos: ‘Is rock dead?‘
Rachel Platten takes ‘Wildfire’ on tour
Jonathan Yeo adopts actress Cara Delevingne for new exhibition
Coldplay in hot water for using Indian culture in video