Jean Paul Gaultier pounced back into top form with a feisty feline collection for Paris couture week, showing that despite a few off seasons, he still has several tricks up his sleeve.
The female panther was the inspiration of the show, which featured leopard print tights, amazing feather coats, black crepe dresses and even a pair of chaps inspired by a clown’s costume.
Meanwhile, Valentino’s autumn winter couture show was full of emotion and drama. Over the audience’s heads were animal heads and horns representing the Cabinets of Curiosities from Renaissance times that inspired this collection.
Designers Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli pulled off an eccentric and imaginative show with Oriental motifs and arabesque patterns fused with Scottish herringbone tweeds and Renaissance capes, alongside embroideries of lion’s heads, bees, beetles and dragonflies.
Elsewhere, Maison Martin Margiela called its show Artisanal and used materials such as latex and denim – a far cry from the usual haute couture fare of silk and organza.
The 19 outfits were organised into four different themes: ‘Ensemble du jour’; ‘Busts’; ‘Night’s bird’; and ‘Promo’s queen’.
But the most important features of this collection were the floral and printed masks worn by hooded models.
And Lebanese designer Elie Saab presented his show at the former stock market in Paris. Called ‘A Royal Affair’, it featured a series of opulent red carpet gowns in a palette of blood reds, blues and greens.
The highlight of the show was the bride’s dress – a silvery gown embroidered with smoked quartz, stones and crystals.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 11Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 12Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 13Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 14Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 17Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 18International news | euronews, latest international news
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place