05/07/13 18:11 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
A political crisis in Portugal, sparked by resignations in the government, has dragged the country deeper into economic crisis.
The resignations linked to the austerity programme led to fears that the government could collapse with a knock-on effect for Portugal’s orderly exit from its bailout programme.
Economic problems are also a factor in the massive street protests in Egypt that brought down the Muslim Brotherhood presidency. The country’s economy had still not recovered after the 2011 revolution, when it was hit by the latest political turmoil.
We discuss those issues with Nejra Cehic from Bloomberg in this edition of Business Weekly.
- 1French fuel strike: frustration at the pumps and an investment warning
- 2IMF urges France to speed up reforms to create jobs and cut debt
- 3Moody’s downgrades Deutsche Bank’s credit rating
- 4Google Paris HQ raided by French investigators over tax payments
- 5Why so much Greek anger over tax and pension reforms
- 1Leaders sign off on pipeline to bring gas from Azerbaijan to Europe
- 2Brexit vote: one month away the recession warnings keep coming
- 3French fuel strike: frustration at the pumps and an investment warning
- 4Eurostar sales fall after Paris and Brussels terror attacks
- 5Australian government forced to think again on backpacker tax
Latest Business Line
Brazil’s economic struggle and the counterintuitive oracle of technology
Greece’s good Eurogroup meeting and Facebook bias allegations
‘iStruggle’ – how Apple Is trying to get its groove back
Braking bad: auto industry plagued by scandals
Cheap oil and the music industry’s digital revolution
Wires > Business
- 17:49 CET Telecom Italia investors back CEO’s pay package despite criticism
- 17:44 CET Philips Lighting IPO pricing narrowed to 19-20 euros – sources
- 17:38 CET French poultry firm LDC sees tougher year ahead
- 17:29 CET Greek bank Piraeus cuts provisions, narrows losses
- 17:16 CET Nestle seeks cost-savings to cope with tougher markets
- 17:11 CET Alstom sues GE for breach of contract
- 17:07 CET Lawyers for BHS suitor knew of his bankruptcy, lawmakers told
- 16:50 CET BMW invests in California-based mobile carpooling app