In this week’s edition of Europe Weekly, MEPs call for an inquiry into US surveillance programs and they give the green light to a new draft deal on the EU budget.
We meet with Cuban dissident Guillermo Fariñas, who finally picked up his Sakharov Award from 2010.
And Albert II, the King of the Belgians, finally confirmed that he will abdicate later this month. Belgium’s head of state steps down on July 21st.
- 1EU agrees ‘emergency brake’on visa-free travel within Schengen zone
- 2Why isn’t Norway in the EU?
- 3The Brief from Brussels: Greek debt still divides the eurozone
- 4Tens of thousands march against Belgian austerity reforms in Brussels
- 5The Brief from Brussels: Brexit vote too close to call, Putin set for Greek visit
latest state of the union
A narrow defeat for the far-right in Austria, France gripped by strikes ahead of Euro 2016
State of the Union: the battlle over Brexit intensifies
Europe Weekly: EU and Turkey trade blows over visa deal
Turkey poised to get visa-free travel as number of refugees heading to Greece falls
Europe Weekly: Abdeslam extradited to France