Manchester United’s legendary winger Ryan Giggs will embark an a new adventure next season after being appointed as a player-coach at the English Premier League champions.
The 39-year-old Welshman, who signed a one-year contract extension in March, will combine his new duties with being a member of the first-team squad.
Giggs is the most decorated player in English football with 13 League titles, four FA Cup winner’s medals and two Champions League crowns.
He turns 40 in November and next season will be his 23rd with the club.
Former United player Phil Neville was also appointed first team coach and with Giggs are the latest additions to new manager David Moyes’s backroom staff.
Former Everton boss Moyes was announced as Sir Alex Ferguson’s successor in May.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Africa Cup of Nations to go ahead in Morocco despite hosts Ebola fears
- 2Volvo Ocean Race: Fleet still together one week in
- 3Andres Iniesta gets the Golden Foot award ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo
- 4UEFA set to charge Serbia and Albania after flag brawl
- 5‘The Corner’ an Italian hero, zero, hero and woe in Warsaw for Germany
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 3Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 4Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 5British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 6Algeria: ISIL offshoot releases video threatening French hostage Hervé Gourdel | euronews, world news
- 7Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 8How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 9Emma Watson threatened with naked photos leak after UN equality speech | euronews, world news
- 10Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 11European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 12Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 13International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 14Iraq: Baghdad rally held against US ‘occupiers’ | euronews, world news
- 15Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 16euronews speaks to Ban Ki-moon ahead of key UN and climate change talks | euronews, the global conversation
- 17All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 18euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 19Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
- 20Mike Tyson: ‘You learn humbleness when you get older in life’ | euronews, the global conversation
Wires > Sport
- 13:41 CET Van Gaal’s United not good enough, says Neville
- 13:00 CET Wales call up young prop Smith, drop old prop Jones
- 11:29 CET New William Hill CEO enjoys strong start to reign
- 11:00 CET India suspend future tours with West Indies after pullout
- 05:56 CET Forgotten man Watson says best years ahead of him
- 04:17 CET Arsenal’s injuries offer hope to Anderlecht
- 04:09 CET Turan shrugs off criticism of Atletico style
- 04:07 CET Liverpool expect fans to raise roof for Real visit