Manchester United’s legendary winger Ryan Giggs will embark an a new adventure next season after being appointed as a player-coach at the English Premier League champions.
The 39-year-old Welshman, who signed a one-year contract extension in March, will combine his new duties with being a member of the first-team squad.
Giggs is the most decorated player in English football with 13 League titles, four FA Cup winner’s medals and two Champions League crowns.
He turns 40 in November and next season will be his 23rd with the club.
Former United player Phil Neville was also appointed first team coach and with Giggs are the latest additions to new manager David Moyes’s backroom staff.
Former Everton boss Moyes was announced as Sir Alex Ferguson’s successor in May.
- 1Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 2Sochi 2015: Russia’s expensive Olympic village falling into ruin
- 3Djokovic takes the glory but both he and Nadal take the money in Thailand exhibition
- 4Greek freejumper delights crowds in Santorini in the Redbull Art of Motion 2015 finals
- 5Austrian climber first to ascend Lebanese landmark
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 10Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 13Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 14International news | euronews, latest international news
- 15Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 16Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 17Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 18What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 19[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
- 20Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
Wires > Sport
- 15:45 CET Ireland recall Toner and Healy, Payne misses out
- 15:24 CET Real forward Benzema injured on duty with France
- 15:05 CET Argentina overhaul side for Namibia clash
- 14:50 CET Chelsea move has boosted my confidence, Pedro says
- 14:30 CET Wawrinka, Nishikori through to Japan Open semis
- 14:25 CET Kitsoff leads much-changed Namibia
- 14:20 CET From outcast to outstanding, Ljajic ignites Serbian hopes
- 13:50 CET Ecclestone says Red Bull engine supply is ‘sorted’