Real Madrid’s new signing Francisco Román Alarcón Suárez – more commonly known as Isco – was presented to the fans and media on Wednesday.
After completing a medical the 21-year-old Spaniard signed a five-year contract with the nine times European champions worth 30 million euros.
At the press conference Isco admitted he easily chose Real Madrid over his former Malaga boss Manuel Pellegrini and big spending Manchester City.
He said:’‘I had no doubts. Pellegrini wanted me but when I saw that Real Madrid were serious I did not think twice. I’m where I want to be, in the biggest club in the world and I hope to be at the level. I’m sure I will.’‘
The attacking midfielder helped Malaga to a club best fourth-placed finish in La Liga two years ago and to the Champions League quarter-finals last season in their impressive debut campaign.
He is the first signing of newly-appointed manager Carlo Ancelotti, who at the end of last season left his job as coach of Paris Saint Germain for the Spanish giants.
Copyright © 2015 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2The power of the pen: Cartoonists worldwide react to the Charlie Hebdo attack | euronews, world news
- 3Immigration, racism in sport and the rise of extremism – Cantona shares his views | euronews, interview
- 4[LIVE] 12 dead after gun attack at French satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo | euronews, world news
- 5[LIVE NOW] Massive unity rally in Paris, with similar marches in other French cities | euronews, world news
- 6Muslim groups fear backlash after terrorist attacks in Paris | euronews, news
- 7[LIVE] Confusion over reports two killed in Paris shootout, as police close in on Charlie Hebdo suspects | euronews, world news
- 8“ISIL is the baby of George W Bush” | euronews, news
- 9Medieval Bruges is to get its own underground beer pipeline | euronews, world news
- 10Almost four million turn out for unity rallies across France | euronews, world news
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 13NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14A defiant Charlie Hebdo: it’s not the front page the terrorists would’ve wanted | euronews, world news
- 15euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 16Key questions around the Charlie Hebdo killings go unanswered | euronews, world news
- 17Getting to know Sir Tony and “the world’s greatest tenor” | euronews, musica
- 18HarperCollins wipes Israel off the map | euronews, world news
- 19International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 20Charlie Hebdo: Israeli paper deletes women from Paris march | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 13:37 CET Djokovic grinds Murray down to win Australian Open
- 13:00 CET City’s Pellegrini rues missed chance in title battle
- 12:33 CET Player injured after fans invade dressing room in Brazil
- 12:07 CET Quiros thrives in Dubai after 11,000 kilometre return trip
- 11:34 CET Analysis – African football at credibility crossroads
- 11:32 CET African football at credibility crossroads
- 07:42 CET Hingis wins Australian Open mixed doubles title with Paes
- 07:08 CET Asian Cup Down Under exceeds expectations