Real Madrid’s new signing Francisco Román Alarcón Suárez – more commonly known as Isco – was presented to the fans and media on Wednesday.
After completing a medical the 21-year-old Spaniard signed a five-year contract with the nine times European champions worth 30 million euros.
At the press conference Isco admitted he easily chose Real Madrid over his former Malaga boss Manuel Pellegrini and big spending Manchester City.
He said:’‘I had no doubts. Pellegrini wanted me but when I saw that Real Madrid were serious I did not think twice. I’m where I want to be, in the biggest club in the world and I hope to be at the level. I’m sure I will.’‘
The attacking midfielder helped Malaga to a club best fourth-placed finish in La Liga two years ago and to the Champions League quarter-finals last season in their impressive debut campaign.
He is the first signing of newly-appointed manager Carlo Ancelotti, who at the end of last season left his job as coach of Paris Saint Germain for the Spanish giants.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia | euronews, world news
- 3Le Pen: I admire ‘cool head’ Putin’s resistance to West’s new Cold War | euronews, interview
- 4What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 5McCain blasts Europe’s approach to Ukraine conflict ‘a joke’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 6Which countries in Europe cause the most air pollution damage? | euronews, world news
- 7Moldova pro-EU parties take narrow lead in elections | euronews, world news
- 8Grenoble: Europe’s first ad-free city | euronews, world news
- 9NATO joins search for ‘Russian submarine’ off Scottish coast | euronews, world news
- 10European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 11Obama’s ‘risky’ immigration gamble | euronews, world news
- 12Ukraine reports accident at Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant | euronews, world news
- 13Crude awakening: Romania’s Black Sea oil and gas finds fuel Europe’s energy hopes | euronews, reporter
- 14Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania | euronews, world news
- 15The American Century comes to an end as China becomes the world’s largest economy | euronews, economy
- 16International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 17Belgium’s former queen Fabiola dies at 86 | euronews, world news
- 18Germans demand honour for Turkish woman beaten to death | euronews, world news
- 19Chechen ‘death’ unit fighting with rebels in eastern Ukraine | euronews, world news
- 20Portugal: Ex-PM José Socrates held in corruption probe | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 00:28 CET Real Madrid beat San Lorenzo to lift Club World Cup
- 22:56 CET Barca well-placed and with room for improvement, says coach
- 21:48 CET Former bricklayer Austin is QPR’s hat-trick hero
- 19:13 CET PSG miss out on top spot after Montpellier draw
- 18:28 CET Disastrous Dortmund end year with loss at Bremen
- 18:23 CET Dominguez to coach Toulon, Nonu to join after World Cup
- 18:21 CET England’s Hartley sees red for elbow
- 17:42 CET Vergne named Ferrari simulator driver