Real Madrid’s new signing Francisco Román Alarcón Suárez – more commonly known as Isco – was presented to the fans and media on Wednesday.
After completing a medical the 21-year-old Spaniard signed a five-year contract with the nine times European champions worth 30 million euros.
At the press conference Isco admitted he easily chose Real Madrid over his former Malaga boss Manuel Pellegrini and big spending Manchester City.
He said:’‘I had no doubts. Pellegrini wanted me but when I saw that Real Madrid were serious I did not think twice. I’m where I want to be, in the biggest club in the world and I hope to be at the level. I’m sure I will.’‘
The attacking midfielder helped Malaga to a club best fourth-placed finish in La Liga two years ago and to the Champions League quarter-finals last season in their impressive debut campaign.
He is the first signing of newly-appointed manager Carlo Ancelotti, who at the end of last season left his job as coach of Paris Saint Germain for the Spanish giants.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 8[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 9Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 10NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 12‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 13Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 14Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 15Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 16Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 17Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 18Greek banks, stock exchange will not open on Monday, Tsipras announces
- 19Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 20Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
Wires > Sport
- 22:19 CET Martinez to take over as Spain Davis Cup captain
- 21:29 CET Alonso ends miserable run with a point at last
- 19:46 CET Wiesberger wins in Paris after storm delay
- 15:53 CET French, German presidents tried to influence World Cup votes -…
- 15:26 CET I am teetotal to ward off depression, Flintoff says
- 15:19 CET Roberto Carlos joins Delhi team in Indian league
- 14:29 CET Argentina’s search for elusive final key continues
- 14:17 CET Williamses renew rivalry as little sister eyes Serena Slam