Real Madrid’s new signing Francisco Román Alarcón Suárez – more commonly known as Isco – was presented to the fans and media on Wednesday.
After completing a medical the 21-year-old Spaniard signed a five-year contract with the nine times European champions worth 30 million euros.
At the press conference Isco admitted he easily chose Real Madrid over his former Malaga boss Manuel Pellegrini and big spending Manchester City.
He said:’‘I had no doubts. Pellegrini wanted me but when I saw that Real Madrid were serious I did not think twice. I’m where I want to be, in the biggest club in the world and I hope to be at the level. I’m sure I will.’‘
The attacking midfielder helped Malaga to a club best fourth-placed finish in La Liga two years ago and to the Champions League quarter-finals last season in their impressive debut campaign.
He is the first signing of newly-appointed manager Carlo Ancelotti, who at the end of last season left his job as coach of Paris Saint Germain for the Spanish giants.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 8Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 9Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 10Latest News Bulletin
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
Wires > Sport
- 08:10 CET WADA alarmed by extent of allegations from leaked blood tests data
- 07:44 CET Rome does not plan referendum for 2024 Olympics bid
- 07:07 CET Osborne called into All Blacks squad, Kerr-Barlow returns
- 04:18 CET Ronaldinho marks winning return to Brazil
- 01:38 CET Athletes shrug off pollution issues at Rio Olympic test
- 00:51 CET Isner on course for Atlanta Open hat-trick
- 23:32 CET PSG beat Lyon to win third successive Trophy of Champions
- 22:40 CET Pole Wlodarczyk sets hammer world record