Real Madrid’s new signing Francisco Román Alarcón Suárez – more commonly known as Isco – was presented to the fans and media on Wednesday.
After completing a medical the 21-year-old Spaniard signed a five-year contract with the nine times European champions worth 30 million euros.
At the press conference Isco admitted he easily chose Real Madrid over his former Malaga boss Manuel Pellegrini and big spending Manchester City.
He said:’‘I had no doubts. Pellegrini wanted me but when I saw that Real Madrid were serious I did not think twice. I’m where I want to be, in the biggest club in the world and I hope to be at the level. I’m sure I will.’‘
The attacking midfielder helped Malaga to a club best fourth-placed finish in La Liga two years ago and to the Champions League quarter-finals last season in their impressive debut campaign.
He is the first signing of newly-appointed manager Carlo Ancelotti, who at the end of last season left his job as coach of Paris Saint Germain for the Spanish giants.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Serbia and Albania await Uefa punishment over violence-marred Euro2016 qualifier
- 2Volvo Ocean Race: Fleet still together one week in
- 3FIFA begins 2018 World Cup stadium inspection
- 4AS Roma suffer humiliating defeat to Bayern in Champions League
- 5Heavyweights in action on final day of Judo Grand Prix Tashkent
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 3Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 4Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 5British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 6Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 7Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 8International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 9European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 10How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 11Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 12Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 13Emma Watson threatened with naked photos leak after UN equality speech | euronews, world news
- 14Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 15Mike Tyson: ‘You learn humbleness when you get older in life’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 16US delivers technical aid to Ukraine but warns over security | euronews, world news
- 17euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 18Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
- 19All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 20International news | euronews, latest international news
Wires > Sport
- 00:57 CET PGA president fired for ‘insensitive’ remarks
- 00:18 CET Caterham F1 team set to miss next two races
- 23:13 CET Coric stuns Nadal in Basel, Federer through
- 21:57 CET Players weigh in on Bishop-Poulter spat
- 21:22 CET Italian football in danger of dying, says Juve president
- 20:55 CET Ex-world champion Mulaudzi killed in car crash
- 19:50 CET European clubs consider April/May for 2022 World Cup
- 19:27 CET Wenger affords a smile as he remembers Battle of the Buffet