21/06/13 00:05 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Several people have been injured by falling trees, and trapped under debris at the Swiss Federal Gymnastics tournament in Biel in Switzerland.
For the second time in a week, participants had to flee as storm winds of 130 kilometres an hour swept though the site. Last Thursday, strong winds forced the opening ceremony to be cancelled.
In south west France, French President, Francois Hollande, visited the village of Saint Beat, one of many devastated by floods.
The region has been hit by heavy rains over the last three days, causing flash floods which have killed three people.
The President announced on his visit that the area would be classed as a ‘state of natural disaster’ and that everything would be done to get it back to normal.
Latest world news
Kenya burns huge ivory stockpile calling for ban on trade
Hundreds arrested as German anti-immigrant AfD party congress begins
Iraq: al-Sadr supporters storm Baghdad Green Zone and parliament
Sweden celebrates 70th birthday of King Carl XVI Gustaf
Iraq: al Sadr supporters storm Green Zone and parliament
Wires > News
- 21:45 CET Canada eager to consider investing in new Montreal rail network -…
- 20:58 CET Blacklisted oil tanker returns to Libya’s Zawiya port
- 20:11 CET Saudi hands over Houthi prisoners as Yemen peace efforts inch…
- 19:49 CET Obama takes final bow at star-studded Washington dinner
- 19:46 CET Aleppo bombed as Syrian army begins ‘calm’ plan elsewhere
- 19:18 CET Egypt puts on trial 237 activists for protests against Sisi -…
- 19:05 CET Germany’s Merkel under attack at anti-immigration rally marred by…
- 17:36 CET Serbian opposition rallies in Belgrade demanding election recount